G. Pulchripes Help?

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
My little G. Pulchripes, ABout 3/4 of an inch, has built his little burrow now, he doesn't spend much time in it though. His butt is getting very dark, leaving me to think he's going to molt soon. Plus, he isn't eating.
I had to switch him into a different container because of a mite infestation, and i noticed that when he walks, he sortof moves sideways when he walks, like he's dizzy...but it's not a limp or anything. It this another sign of pre-molt?

sonnieboi

Arachnopeon
Hi

In my experience the slings that are about to molt turns darker, and they refuse to eat. but the sides ways thing hmmm, i haven't seen that yet. just make sure the substrate is not dessert dry spray sufficient amount of water. and try not to disturb ur t. its a stressful process for them. try to check him or her once in awhile ;)

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
Yeah, it looked like he was being lazy and was like "ehhhh...." and strayed away from my hand slowly. Haha. I cleaned his enclosure and put him back as quickly as i could.
I just wanted to be sure there were no mites in there, ESPECIALLY if he's in pre-molt.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, the sideways walk could be a sign og premolt. They sometimes move awkwardly before a molt, probably because the old exo is full of spider =p