G. pulchripes acting weird.

DragonizedGlory

Arachnosquire
Hey guys. So this is starting to bug me.
Recently my G pulchripes M is trying to scale his enclosure wall (failing so far). He's in premolt as far as I can tell and he refuses food so he's not hungry. He has water so water isn't a problem. I inspected the substrate for pests, none are present. He'd sit in the same spot for hours and then just suddenly get a burst of energy and start moving around and trying to scale the walls as if something spooked him. I've even put folders in between the cages to see it wasn't my other T's that were bothering him. Is this a sign of some sort of discomfort or is it nothing I have to worry about.

20160916_222821.jpg 20160916_222802.jpg
These photos have been taken just now.

DragonizedGlory

Arachnosquire
Thanks @Venom1080. Do you think I should give him more substrate to limit his height some more or should I just leave him. Also if yes should I fill up the tank before or after his molt? If he's going to molt...

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
@DragonizedGlory like @Venom1080 hes a MM and he will not molt again... If they attempt to it'll be fatal, they're main primary objective is to find a female so his food intake will be put on the back burner and being mature he'll start winding down and expire in the months to come.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Thanks @Venom1080. Do you think I should give him more substrate to limit his height some more or should I just leave him. Also if yes should I fill up the tank before or after his molt? If he's going to molt...

Yes he needs much more substrate in there, I would also take out the hard sharp decor like the rocks. Males will wander and you don't want him falling and hurting himself.

DragonizedGlory

Arachnosquire
I have one but she's too young. If I could find someone in my area who would like to use him for mating it would be cool.

20160916_230256.jpg 20160916_230335.jpg
My F G Pulchripes

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
How young is to young for g pulchripes. CB breeds them, maybe he has a spot to fill with your MM

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
actually, @magicmed @DragonizedGlory if a MM cant climb the sides theres no reason for more sub. i have 3" in my MM B boehmeis tank, he cant climb glass anymore so its no issue. just make sure theres no decor that he can climb high on.