G.Pulchra

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My 1" G.Pulchra sling burrowed in under her hide a few weeks ago and I have not seen her come out since. I have read care sheets that say they will not burrow. I know shes alive because I can see her through the bottom of her k.k.
Does anybody have a Pulchra that chose to burrow rather than use a hide?
In my case Ive used half a small clay pot.
Thanks Jason

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My 1" G.Pulchra sling burrowed in under her hide a few weeks ago and I have not seen her come out since. I have read care sheets that say they will not burrow. I know shes alive because I can see her through the bottom of her k.k.
Does anybody have a Pulchra that chose to burrow rather than use a hide?
In my case Ive used half a small clay pot.
Thanks Jason
Mine never burrowed but I have had several Grammastola species that have. As it gets older it may get more daring.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i currently have one that thinks its a H.lividum lol..also i have a 5" female that used her hide as a roof to her new burrow...sooo no worries.... how wet is the substrate if its dry it might be looking for moisture and remember they like it cooler....75-78* is ideal

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From my experience, most slings will burrow, at least of the terrestrials. I haven't seen my B. vagans sling for over a week now since it has sealed itself in it's burrow (probably molting or pre-molt).

So until the little bugger gets bigger, expect to see very little of him/her. Also, I suggest that you pay attention to the entrance of the burrow to see if it's webbed up, that means it doesn't want to be disturbed, AKA, don't offer food. Cause it might have sealed itself because it's in pre-molt. And the last thing you want is a pinhead cricket killing your sling cause it was defenseless due to it's molt.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of my slings burrowed first thing she did and the other did not. I was so surprised I call her "Digger".

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have 2 G. pulchra slings. 1 burrowed right to the bottom of her tub and the other doesnt burrow at all. I'm sure my burrowing G. pulchra thinks its a G. aureo lol.

Elaine

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Pulchra has done the same thing. Never see her/him. Can't see an entrance to the burrow though.