G. Pulchra.

Fran2000

Arachnopeon
Hi.
Newbie here. I got a 5ish year old Brazilian Black, nice and docile had it 2 years started eating ok but then slowed down and not eaten for about 4 months now. I bought it as it was advertised and was in a really horrid enclosure, really smelly and stank of stale stuff. It was very skittish and defensive when I got it but now its super. Its an amazing animal and I like to think its better off now than before. Fed on Dubia and tried on waxworms since not eating so now I'm thinking its in Pre-moult. I always keep water fresh and it isnt looking skinny or Dehydrated. Any advice please.
Thanks.

Feral

Arachnobaron
Hi! Welcome to the forum!
To help you, I think we'd need more information. What is the stretched DLS (diagonal leg span) of the spider? Has she closed off her burrow? About what temp is she kept at? We need pix of the spider from above and the enclosure from above and side, please.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hi.
Newbie here. I got a 5ish year old Brazilian Black, nice and docile had it 2 years started eating ok but then slowed down and not eaten for about 4 months now. I bought it as it was advertised and was in a really horrid enclosure, really smelly and stank of stale stuff. It was very skittish and defensive when I got it but now its super. Its an amazing animal and I like to think its better off now than before. Fed on Dubia and tried on waxworms since not eating so now I'm thinking its in Pre-moult. I always keep water fresh and it isnt looking skinny or Dehydrated. Any advice please.
Thanks.
Pictures are worth a thousand words.

They should always have water since you will not be able to tell if they need it unless they are severely dehydrated, which is a grave risk to their health.

Fran2000

Arachnopeon
Pictures are worth a thousand words.

They should always have water since you will not be able to tell if they need it unless they are severely dehydrated, which is a grave risk to their health.
My first post on here and I get a stupid answer like this!

If you read it properly it says..l always keep water fresh....

Hi! Welcome to the forum!
To help you, I think we'd need more information. What is the stretched DLS (diagonal leg span) of the spider? Has she closed off her burrow? About what temp is she kept at? We need pix of the spider from above and the enclosure from above and side, please.
You should of asked about if its got a patch on its Abdomen and if its gone a bit dull and looks more like a Salmon Pink.
Then you would more or less know its in premolt.

Fran2000

Arachnopeon
Just to let you know its Molted and is a Beautiful Black Female G Pulchra..

basin79

ArachnoGod
Just to let you know its Molted and is a Beautiful Black Female G Pulchra..
Can't reply to your other post regarding a bald patch. A bald patch on a tarantula doesn't mean it's in premoult. It just means they've kicked hairs. However if the tarantula does have a bald patch instead of seeing pink skin you'd see it gradually turn black if in premoult.

Glad to read she's moulted.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
My first post on here and I get a stupid answer like this!

If you read it properly it says..l always keep water fresh....

You should of asked about if its got a patch on its Abdomen and if its gone a bit dull and looks more like a Salmon Pink.
Then you would more or less know its in premolt.
If you bothered to read what I wrote, it states that you must always keep water in there for their health. I did not indicate that you did not at present have water in there , but since you stated you are a "newbie" we err on the side of caution and state facts.

Happy trails.