G.Pulchra Sling Entombed

webbedone

Arachnobaron
So about 20 days or so ago i got a G.pulchra 1 inch sling it came home and was lively and was eating like a T-rex and drinking fine. Now i assume its in premolt or getting ready too molt it crawled into the vail that it got shipped to me in (i put it into its little enclosure so it could use it as a hide if it chose not to burrow). And Entombed itself there by webbing off the entrance. Now i am aware that this is premolt behaviour, but i am just starting to get a little concerned for my precious, its been a few days and its still hasnt molted. I try to leave it undisturbed as much as i can the enclosure is in a dark spot temperature reads out around 80-81F and i mist the opposite side away from the sling twice a week to help it molt.

I guess my question is: Does any one know how long it would take to molt, and do i need to do anything else i am not already doing. i read about G.pulchra's being slow growers and i am very excited and kinda nervous at the same time.

Looking for camera cables to put some pictures up as soon as i find them

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
So about 20 days or so ago i got a G.pulchra 1 inch sling it came home and was lively and was eating like a T-rex and drinking fine. Now i assume its in premolt or getting ready too molt it crawled into the vail that it got shipped to me in (i put it into its little enclosure so it could use it as a hide if it chose not to burrow). And Entombed itself there by webbing off the entrance. Now i am aware that this is premolt behaviour, but i am just starting to get a little concerned for my precious, its been a few days and its still hasnt molted. I try to leave it undisturbed as much as i can the enclosure is in a dark spot temperature reads out around 80-81F and i mist the opposite side away from the sling twice a week to help it molt.

I guess my question is: Does any one know how long it would take to molt, and do i need to do anything else i am not already doing. i read about G.pulchra's being slow growers and i am very excited and kinda nervous at the same time.

Looking for camera cables to put some pictures up as soon as i find them
i would leave alone Ts have molted millions of years with out us checkin on them to provide a carin eye;)

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My pulchra sling once dug in for about three months. I just sniffed the enclosure once in awhile...really, I'm sure it's fine.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Webbe, G pulchra prefers it rather dry. Depending upon the size of the enc, I would be careful with possible excessive misting. You don't want the sub to be overly moist.

I have on occasion misted/ wet a small area in encs for a premolt juvie upon noticing that the entire enclosure was parched dry at the time. +1 and sure that your spider should be entirely fine. Btw, nice little pulchra! :) Terry

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Burrowing G Pulchra

Mine used to do the same thing as small slings. Made me nervous as hell. I even ended up digging them out just to make sure they were still alive. Now, at over 2" with full color, they are always out in the open and growing fast!

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
At least you used a clear vial and see it. At that size it can take about 1-2 weeks to complete a molt. I had a few seal in for 4 weeks, molt, and stay sealed in for three more weeks. As long as the abdomen is plump, it is fine. Like the others said, it knows what it needs to do.
Congrats on the great T choice.

P.S. They do not grow nearly as slow as many would have you believe. I have had four go from 1" to 3"+ in 7 months, and a couple other went from .25" to 2" in about 5 months.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
This thing ate like no one's business so i figure its good for a while was just wondering if any one else had a repeat occurance and how long it takes to complete the molting process