G. Pulchra sling ate once in last 120 days

Peachaboo

Arachnopeon
My g pulchra 1 inch sling buried and stopped eating for 40 days, came out and ate once, and has been buried for 70 more days. I can see the spider and it’s fine. Do I continue to just do nothing or can I dig a hole and try to feed it?

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
This is the way with G.pulchras young Paduan...you will just have to accept it...

And get more tarantulas to spread out your attentions. It makes it easier, trust me...

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My g pulchra 1 inch sling buried and stopped eating for 40 days, came out and ate once, and has been buried for 70 more days. I can see the spider and it’s fine. Do I continue to just do nothing or can I dig a hole and try to feed it?
Why would you try to feed a wild animal in this context? Trust your T to know better than you.

Chroma Trigger

Brachypelma Collector
Arachnosupporter +
You can try feeding it, once it emerges. My B. Smithi sling was buried for 6 months and molted twice, without eating in between molts. That's normal in both species - and both are painfully slow growers.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Do I continue to just do nothing or can I dig a hole and try to feed it?
Continue to do nothing, slings of slow growing species can easily go months without food, I had a 1.5" B. albiceps sling refuse to eat for over 5 months and currently have a 0.5" A. bicoloratum that hasn't eaten in 5 months.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I had my g pulchra burry itself for 120 days with no food. It's fine. A species which requires great patience.

Peachaboo

Arachnopeon
Haha okay thanks. I figured to just continue to wait I am still suprised a living thing can go that long without food or water