G. pulchra not growing

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
Wow, that looks exactly like my little guy!

Yes, that sounds suspiciously like a moulting mat. Combine that with the black, shiny, booty and I will bet you that they are going to moult within the next 24 hours.
Keep us posted!
Success! You were spot on with the 24 hour estimate, woke up to find this.

Attachments

omni

Arachnobaron
and I thought PZB's were slow lol - my 2 were hatched in Feb 2019 and now they are almost 1/2". my 1st e. camp took 11 years from 3.5" to 5.5

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
If you water them regularly and give them sunlight, they grow very quickly!

Yea lol some T's just grow at a glacial pace, and this species is definitely one of them

Seekeroftruth

Arachnopeon
I think I have a fast growing g pulchra sling which is why im reading this post. I got a g pulchra sling that was sold to me as 1+ inches I believe. I never measured it but it looked to be bigger when i recieved it. Maybe 1.5+ inches. I don't know if it was an illusion to it being so large due to the slings I was comparing it to being arboreals which have flatter slimmer bodies. Either way, I've had it for three months and 15 days. It's molted twice in this three months and has put on a lot of size. It looks like it has adult coloration. It gains size quicker than t violacious which is supposed to be one of the fastest growers and gains size at about the same rate as my nicaraguan curly hair. It looked like a brown sling when I got it and now it's black with more fuzziness. I wish i had a way to measure it but it runs in its burrow when i get.

I forgot to mention, i do feed it alot but my temps are rarely over 75.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
If you think G. pulchra grows slow try a Pseudhapalopus sp blue.

My G. pulchra went from 1/2 inch in February to currently 2 inches now. Normal behavior for mine is to seal itself in it's burrow for a month or more. Then when it surfaces eats pretty good.