G. Pulchra - NEED HELP

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
HI ALL,

I have a little 2 in. G Pulchra that molted 2 days ago. Kinda slumped in the corner but the exuvium looks whole. Moving very slow. I was very careful and put the little thing in a deli cup ICU with some damp paper towel and keeping it in a warm place. Anything else I should do????

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There really isn't much else you can do. Leave it alone and hope for the best. I'll send you positve energy for a quick recovery.

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I will use the energy. Man I really do not want to lose this one. They are not very available anymore and this one was doing so good.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Find a warm dark place to put her. And leave her be, limit the times you bother her. And when I do ICU setups I leave the papertowel very moist so if they want to drink water off the top of the towel they can. But not so much she is sitting in a lake of water.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just leave her in the ICU in a dark place, and don't bother her for the rest of the day, check in the morning, if still not better leave her be for a couple more days.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
What do you mean by "slumped in a corner"? Was it in a death curl? Tarantulas use up a lot of energy moulting, could be it was still just recovering. They are not very active right after a moult, as they are still very soft. Just make sure it has access to fresh water so it can replenish lost liquids.:)

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What do you mean by "slumped in a corner"? Was it in a death curl? Tarantulas use up a lot of energy moulting, could be it was still just recovering. They are not very active right after a moult, as they are still very soft.
Yeah, what exactly was wrong here? Unless there's something you left out, it sounds like a perfectly normal molt, and you probably did way more harm than good by moving the T around and putting it in a different enclosure. They're fragile enough post-molt without that added to it.

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
black is back

After 3 days in the ICU, The Black is Back. No this was not a normal molt. I have seen enough to know I think. 22 + T's and counting. They usually snap back 1 to 2 days after at that age and this one did nt look good at all. But she did come back and looks great now, Thank you for all of the input.

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, what exactly was wrong here? Unless there's something you left out, it sounds like a perfectly normal molt, and you probably did way more harm than good by moving the T around and putting it in a different enclosure. They're fragile enough post-molt without that added to it.
I agree you should have just left it alone I have had T's take a week or more before they were back at it. but what ever as long as it is ok I guess

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is wonderful!!! I'm so glad she recovered!!!! Aren't G. pulchras great? I love mine, I just wish she would moult already.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im happy shes ok now and i so want one to any way good luck to you and the - t -===== phil