G Pulchra molt diary

ahnak

Arachnopeon
EcG9o9RUcAA0g-1.jpg

wanted to move my updates to tarantula chat, as opposed to bumping my newbie thread in questions and discussions since i'm just showing and telling now!

my little t molted again. first molt in my care happened may 10th and this newest one occurred on the 4th of july. this is my first and only t for now and while i'm excited to see so much growth in such a small time i don't expect this to happen all the time from what i've read about their notoriously slow molt rates! luckily i have nothing to compare it to to make it feel slower if that happens!

gonna keep up this thread with pictures because i'm so excited about my t but the people who follow me on twitter don't appreciate the surprise spider post popping up on their tls lol

8yte

Arachnopeon
// Ha! You're really lucky. Mine dug itself about 6.5 weeks ago and I am still wating for a sign of it ^^ (mine is a sling btw).

Brachalakin

Arachnopeon
I acquired my G Pulchra in March(3/4in), it ate one fairly large roach and buried itself, i dug it up in june and it looked like a tick on a dog(very fat booty) so I let it be, never had one take this long to molt, patience i need to practice 😉

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Enjoy your molt, from that size starts to slowing the growth rate and starts "fasting" for years.
My pulchra has 3 years and a half +- and my geniculata outgrowed her in less than a year and a half.

But we have one of the best T out there 😉👌🏼

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
while i'm excited to see so much growth in such a small time i don't expect this to happen all the time from what i've read about their notoriously slow molt rates! luckily i have nothing to compare it to to make it feel slower if that happens!
Their growth rate is pretty normal until they reach about 2" and then they start moulting every year, or more. Faster growing species are still moulting every couple/few months at 2".

Table

Arachnosquire
// Ha! You're really lucky. Mine dug itself about 6.5 weeks ago and I am still wating for a sign of it ^^ (mine is a sling btw).
same but mine had been closed in for 3 months now, and its only 1.5" :sad:
Guess I just need some patience as well.

Buffalo Ts

Arachnoknight
I received my female pulchra at around 1.5 inches on 1-22-20

First molt was 4-15-20, got to around 2 inches.

2nd molt was 6-17-20, got to around 2.5 inches.

Garnet3942

Arachnosquire
View attachment 352705

wanted to move my updates to tarantula chat, as opposed to bumping my newbie thread in questions and discussions since i'm just showing and telling now!

my little t molted again. first molt in my care happened may 10th and this newest one occurred on the 4th of july. this is my first and only t for now and while i'm excited to see so much growth in such a small time i don't expect this to happen all the time from what i've read about their notoriously slow molt rates! luckily i have nothing to compare it to to make it feel slower if that happens!

gonna keep up this thread with pictures because i'm so excited about my t but the people who follow me on twitter don't appreciate the surprise spider post popping up on their tls lol
What a coincidence! My first T is a G.Pulchra sling as well! It has only molted once in my care and for some odd reason it did it upright! It's only 1.5 inches and it's pretty dang fat too lol.

ahnak

Arachnopeon
Their growth rate is pretty normal until they reach about 2" and then they start moulting every year, or more. Faster growing species are still moulting every couple/few months at 2".
oh wow that's really interesting! i learn new things every single time i post on these forums. i'll enjoy the consistent molting while i can lol!
This is my 3 year old pulchra.
i am so excited for mine to look like that, yours is really cute!

ahnak

Arachnopeon
oh man i feel for all your burrowers! mine hasn't done that yet luckily but i wont freak out if it decides to seeing how common that is!

Dorifto

He who moists xD
oh wow that's really interesting! i learn new things every single time i post on these forums. i'll enjoy the consistent molting while i can lol!

i am so excited for mine to look like that, yours is really cute!
Keep waiting hahahahahahaha, just kidding.

Once they take a decent size, they look awesome.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Since I got her. When they are small the black looks more faded, but with every molt it becames more black and less faded.

I believe that after the first year, year and a half she became more vivrant.