G.pulchra .. love or hate

jb62

Arachnosquire
Hi one and all

I'm looking for any details you can give on owning G.pulchra if you had very deffensive ones or ones that were just fantasic or if you just keep alot of them.
It's all info that helps no matter how much you think it might not.
I've asked on sites and now want to know what you think and just how much this t is liked or hated.

Thanks.
John

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Mine is pretty skittish, I dont know if I should label it defensive yet, but I dont plan on handling it anytime soon. Very active and great display T IMO.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I've had mine since sep of last year. Got it as a 1" sling, now it measures about 2.75", however, it is currently in molt so that will change any day now.
I absolutely love it. It is not defensive so much as it is skittish - does not have any problems with wondering away from its hide, but, will not hesitate to zoom back in. It is a voracious eater, never turning down a cricket or large roach.
Someday I would like to breed this species.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I love mine. Not defensive at all, but a bit of a recluse. Became a pet hole within days of acquisition. Currently living in a self made cavern under a large piece of corkbark. I pop its 'lid' periodically to feed and check on it. Sometimes it will clear a 'window' on the side to peer out at me - usually does this about once a month right before feeding day. Maybe it is placing its order... The only time it ever turns down a meal is when in pre-molt.

Found it had molted sometime in the last 48 hours while I was out of town. Little booger destroyed the molt, so I still don't know if M or F.

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Mine is pretty skittish, I dont know if I should label it defensive yet, but I dont plan on handling it anytime soon. Very active and great display T IMO.

+1 to that. I got mine in hopes of having a T I felt comfortable holding. Have had my little girl for a year now and will probably never handle her. After researcjimg, I wouldn't handle her now anyways, just because. So it doesn't bother me at all and she is beautiful. Can't go wrong. Black is the new cool.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Can't go wrong with this specie.

My 7 inch female is my "show and tell" SPIDER for the curious friends and guests.

Does not flick
No threat poses
Always out and ready to munch her meal
Relatively large sized T
Absolutely strong appetite

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awesome tarantulas, have kept a few although sold about 4 when I cut my collection down. Certainly a beautiful tarantula though.

jb62

Arachnosquire

Is it normal for the rump to look like that with a dark band?

jb62

Arachnosquire

My 7 inch female is my "show and tell" SPIDER for the curious friends and guests.

Does not flick
No threat poses
Relatively large sized T
So the leg slap is a sign to leave alone!
and the raised rump too?.

I know each t is un-alike so it's pot luck what it turns out to be..
But by looking at the reviews it's a good 96% chance of having a good temperament .. ?

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Does not flick
No threat poses
Relatively large sized T
Can you post a pic with a ruler. I love pulchras they are my favorite I have a lot of females but I never seen or own one that size. my biggest is 6+"

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mine just recently moulted a few weeks ago and got its inky black colouration finally. love the little dude, he eats like a champ and is getting a lot less skiddish as he gets bigger. i was able to sucessfully pinch-grab him to peek underneath.

i would definitely be down to own more of them, they are really awesome Ts.