G. pulchra has white goo between fangs!

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What can this white substance be? It pretty much looks like she's eating her own turds. I'm clueless as to what this is. I already requested swabs etc. and they will be sent out soon for testing and such. I heard that this could be some sort of infection and the chelicera and palps could be paralyzed. Man I really don't want this beauty to die. She's a 5.5" female. Thanks in advance. Here's a picture of it.

si_sleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like nematode worms. There have been a few reports about this lately. Move the affected T well away from your others as you do not want them to get infected. Search for nematodes on this forum.

Unfortunately, from what I have read, this will most likely kill your spider. Does it hold it's pedipalps up around it's mouth all the time?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Man, I'm sorry to see that.:(
All my T's that have had that white goo have died..
Thats sad. Let us know how it goes..

Ernie

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If it is nematode worms, what causes it? Some type of worm or parasite?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had an avic that had the "white disease" (ther other ones i've had died...), and i moved it to an ICU, with a 60 watt red incandescent light. The paper towels were kept damp and all has been well.

this, by NO means, is a way of treating it. I think i just happened to be lucky this time...

but def. move it away from the others.. i guess we're not too sure if its able to be transmitted easily..

check the sticky by BODISKY at the top, and def take some cultures and send them in -- use your T to help others!!!

good luck, and
peace
dave

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I already got in touch with bodisky and theyre sending me some swabs. I hope she gets better...:( :(

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ah, i'm sorry to hear that. good luck with it though. don't give up. :)