G. Pulchra, bad molt?

kelsaybadger

Arachnopeon
My G. Pulchra sling has been in heavy pre-molt for about the last two weeks. I came home to find her molting on the morning of 2/17. This evening, I notice (what I think) is two legs and a pedipalp still in the molt. She is moving some, doesn’t look quite able to free herself of it. I made sure her water dish was full, and added a little water to the sub in one corner. Anything else I can do from here?

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Add water to the part where the molt is actually stuck as it will help if it's not too late. Also your T. can decapitate its leg if it needs to with no problems and it will just grow back during its next molt.

kelsaybadger

Arachnopeon
Add water to the part where the molt is actually stuck as it will help if it's not too late. Also your T. can decapitate its leg if it needs to with no problems and it will just grow back during its next molt.
I did this. I just used a soaked Qtip and added about 3 drops to the spot. I guess fingers crossed?

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
"Autotomise" on this side of the pond ;)
Language is weird. I'm Canadian, so we're kind of a mash-up of British English and American English spellings and vocabulary. I would never leave the 'u' out of words like colour or armour, etc.. The suffix "ise" looks normal enough to me, but I don't spell it when I type it or write it. There are definitely some British-isms that are weird looking, but I can't think of any examples at present.

Your slang is the best, however, in all its flavours.

kelsaybadger

Arachnopeon
Hey, y’all. Just as an update, my girl is STILL stuck in this molt. I have added moisture to the sub, hoping that would help, made sure she has fresh water, and have been running a moistened Q-tip over the area that is still in the molt (about 5-6 times total). This makes at least 2 days that she has been stuck in this state. From what I can tell, she has 3 legs and a pedipalp stuck in the molt (3 on her right side, one on her left), as well as one leg that looks somewhat deformed. I’m just trying to figure out what else I can do? Is my concern warranted? Is the darn bug gonna be ok? Kinda starting to freak out a little, here.

Attachments

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper

kelsaybadger

Arachnopeon
Thank you. At this point I can see that she has hardened. I’m going to try and remove the excess molt so she at least won’t be in such a bind, then at least make an attempt to try and work some of her appendages out.
This sucks. Wish me luck!