G. pulchra anyone?

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oooops

Yes, I apologize too for passing on information that I didnt know was a scam:eek: . I am new to these sites and did not know the laws of ordering Ts outside the US.:wall: Or ordering anything really as I am very new to ALL of this online stuff and internet activity, lol.:eek:
Sorry

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have been trying to get one for a long time now, when i do find a place that has them they are soo much I don't want to pay for that price. they are really hard to get :wall:. I love the way they look. and would die to have one, good luck on getting one.;)

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I think someone is selling one 'legally' in the classifieds on this site. $100 for 2 in. G. pulchra

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
G. pulchras are from South America... NOT Africa. I'm willing to bet that this girl isn't a girl and lives in Nigeria which is famous for tons of internet scammers working there hoping to take you for as much of your money as you send them.
I talked to her too. i didn't buy it cuz i think it was a scam and when i asked her for pics she gave me ones that when you type "G. pulchra" into google you get.

tacomadiver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know of one in a petshop here in WA state. I've decided to get a couple different T's that go pick that one up. It's a good looking pulchra though

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I think someone is selling one 'legally' in the classifieds on this site. $100 for 2 in. G. pulchra
If you are in the USA, then stick to buying from people who live in the USA. There will never be a guarantee that you won't get scammed, but your chances for a legit deal is better. IF you buy from ANY other country, the person you are buying from needs to hold the proper export licenses and other permits with his country AND YOU would need to hold the proper import licenses and permits for this country. These are not always easy (or cheap) to get and there tends to be a lot of red tape. And while the other person may be able to get a hold of what he/she needs, there is no guarantee that you could get a hold of what you need here or vice versa. Nothing worse than having the authorities confiscate and destroy something you tried to bring into the country and then get arrested and fined because you didn't have the proper credentials to be doing this type of transaction. Unless you plan on importing on a regular basis, then it's usually best to leave the hassle of importing into this country to the few people that do know how to go about doing this type of international business and have the experience. Then wait till they distribute what they import to other dealers already in this country.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
/Users/davidburns/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2007/Roll 3/IMG_0042.JPG

some recent pic.

guess it didn't work, sorry

Last edited:

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I want one too, but not enough to go through the hassle of importing. Screw that, and paying $300-$400 on a big T. I can wait until they are easier to come by; there are many more T's on my Christmas list that are way easier to find and cheaper.

caliboy1111

Arachnopeon
Wow, I got mine like 3 years ago, did not know how scarce they now are, mine's a little 1.5"!!!

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure at least one will be available later tonight...;)
EEK! I missed another one! Crab noodles!

One's gotta live on this forum to get the spidey your looking for {D

How much did it sell for? I found the add... but it just says sold :?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
EEK! I missed another one! Crab noodles!

One's gotta live on this forum to get the spidey your looking for {D

How much did it sell for? I found the add... but it just says sold :?
I saw the the thread, and I believe he sold a 3.5" unsexed one for $100. Correct me if I'm wrong NeoScales.

SavageDigital

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I saw the the thread, and I believe he sold a 3.5" unsexed one for $100. Correct me if I'm wrong NeoScales.
You are correct...I mentioned (here) that it would be up for sale that evening.

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for letting me know... I was just wondering (for the sake of my curiousity) what the price was.

Beautiful spidey you sold NeoScales! Congrats on the quick sale! I'm certain you made somebody's day, week, month or year! :drool:

I shouldn't have went to bed so early last night! :eek:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wish I had the money to buy it, or else I would have been on it like no tomorrow. Good quick sale NeoScales. PM me in the future if you ever have another one. I WILL buy it!

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I consider Grammastola pulchra to be a holy grail among tarantulas, that as well as P. metallica. I think the jet black and shiny look of a mature female is breathtaking. I've got 3 right now, just got the third one tonight through a trade from some aquariums. Wild caught individuals are still available occasionally but they're coming out of Europe, from what I hear. As for the guy who said he's never had a docile pulchra, are you sure you have the right spider? :confused: I've never had one of mine attempt to bite or kick hairs yet, even when my big female was roughly handled by a buddy of mine...

Last edited:

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i've been looking for one since summer..luckily,i got myself a sub-adult female today from a guy who wanted to trade it at a friend's petshop for some reptile...he knew that i was looking for one so he kept it for me..35 euro wasn't bad.but really,very had to find

ratz00

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My missy...

This is my Subadult female pulchra who I affectionally call "Missy"... I paid like almost $150 for her about a month ago. It has molted once since.Its one of themost docile of all my T's. Has never kicked off any of her hairs nor bared her fangs...

" Missy " when I first got her last February... really ugly bald spot...

Moulting " Missy " on her back last March 22 ...

" Missy " on my hand in post moult, and just too plain pretty, 3 days later...

I nearly lost her to someone else. She was for sale for a whole month and I really was daunted by the price so I waited till the very last minute... I told myself, that if no one got her by payday, I would get her. As fate would have it, I wasnt able to till 5 days later...I thought I had lost her but I still called the seller...Ha, she was still there!!! I told the guy I was getting it that very moment and scheduled to meet up... I just got done paying for her when the seller got another call for her... hehe, I guess we were meant to be... :D :D :D

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
some you win :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship: and some you do not :( :( :( a good looking - t - i want one but can not find any :wall: :wall: :wall: ---- phil