G. pulchra anyone?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good luck finding one, they are scarce right now. They are real sweeties though, and very pretty in a subdued way.

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Some of the most stunning tarantulas I own. I currently have 2 mature females and an immature male. Hoping this is the molt he will mature so I can attempt to breed them.
I got one of my females from John Hoke a few years ago and the other female I raised from a spiderling. The male is also from a spiderling, but from a different sac, bloodline so I should be able to breed them without concer for inbreeding (although I hear this is not a big problem)
Good luck finding one!
Ralph

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Some of the most stunning tarantulas I own. I currently have 2 mature females and an immature male. Hoping this is the molt he will mature so I can attempt to breed them.
I got one of my females from John Hoke a few years ago and the other female I raised from a spiderling. The male is also from a spiderling, but from a different sac, bloodline so I should be able to breed them without concer for inbreeding (although I hear this is not a big problem)
Good luck finding one!
Ralph
IF you have a successful mating and get little spiderlings. I will definately buy some from you.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i am in the u/ k / and i would LOVE one but can not find any :( :( now that what i call a . T . :drool: :drool: :drool: :worship: :worship: :worship: --- phil

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I heard they're very friendly and that they like to leave candies on your pillow while you're sleeping.

No seriously, actually they're quite defensive. But that would be silly to buy a T just because it's really docile.
Bwah hah, I thought all T's did that.....

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How much would you pay for a spiderling of this species? The last time they were for sale here they were priced between $60 and $80. Now do you still want one?

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How much would you pay for a spiderling of this species? The last time they were for sale here they were priced between $60 and $80. Now do you still want one?

I paid $40 and $50 (x2) for my current three slings. The one I got for $40 (about in 1.5-1.75") I got from a guy who really didn't know what the going price rate was for it.. he was just looking to get out of spiders. The other two I paid $50 each for were about 1/2" when I got them. Considering demand is high and supply is low, the prices were reasonable to me.

I am still kicking myself over the accidental loss of 5 others from a couple years back back when they were still somewhat cheap. I had an adult female ($100) and a sub-adult male ($80) and 3 slings ($20 each). Had I not lost them due to someone else spraying too much ant spray in the house a couple years ago and them not thinking to close the vents off to my room, I'd probably would have been attempting breeding the adults this year as the male had one maybe two more molts to go for maturity at the time. sigh.

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have seen a few pop up in the classifieds... but they were gone way before I even had a chance to hesitate!

I, myself, am a Pokie fan... but the G. pluchra is certainly one of the few basic beauties on my list!

Good Luck finding your treasure!

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a 3" male I am waiting on to mature and I plan on sending him out when he is ready to go :D

Goanna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a male that's reaching his peak. He's past maturation. He hardly eats, he doesnt move around much anymore. Had him for 3-4 years and I got him at a decent size (Like 2-3") so he's pretty much met his expected lifespan I guess :(.

I have been looking for a new one to get but as everyone else in this thread has specified, they are scarce and too expensive right now.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
some girl off the taranulas.com site lives in Africa or something and was trying to get me to buy one off her for $200 for an adult....I told her no cuz I didnt trust her really, but maybe u guys can look for her and see how u feel about her? She says they are everywhere where she lives...I just dont really want ne WC

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Err...last I checked...G. pulchras are from Brazil....so her saying they are all over in Africa... -_-

~Fred

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
............. But that would be silly to buy a T just because it's really docile.
ALMOST AS silly to buy a T because it's BLUE ???

come on..

We all have different reasons for buying the T's we do.

I like OW, they are more "exciting" with their defensiveness.
is THAT a good enough reason??

Let's respect others choices and reasons .. unless they will prove hazardous to the T's or the Keeper.

SavageDigital

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
............. But that would be silly to buy a T just because it's really docile.
As already stated, it's as good a reason as any. Plus the fact that G. pulchra is just a damn good looking spider and from my experience, as interesting as most any other terrestrial.

I have been looking for a new one to get but as everyone else in this thread has specified, they are scarce and too expensive right now.
I'm pretty sure at least one will be available later tonight...;)

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
some girl off the taranulas.com site lives in Africa or something and was trying to get me to buy one off her for $200 for an adult....I told her no cuz I didnt trust her really, but maybe u guys can look for her and see how u feel about her? She says they are everywhere where she lives...I just dont really want ne WC

G. pulchras are from South America... NOT Africa. I'm willing to bet that this girl isn't a girl and lives in Nigeria which is famous for tons of internet scammers working there hoping to take you for as much of your money as you send them.

tacomadiver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Right now I know of one that's about 2" for $90. I am debating making a larger order through an online company or going up to the shop tomorrow after I get my paycheck and getting that one.:wall:

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
G. pulchras are from South America... NOT Africa. I'm willing to bet that this girl isn't a girl and lives in Nigeria which is famous for tons of internet scammers working there hoping to take you for as much of your money as you send them.
lol did you read my post ? if you did then i was saying be warned !!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tarantulas.com

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas.com

We had been allowing anyone to post classifieds for any inverts. After reading this thread I am convinced that our members are being actively scammed. This problem has now been resolved, and all classified ads from foreign countries that do not discuss appropriate permitting will be deleted. I apologize for anyone who wasted their time with these scammers.

Dan Ventura
(administrator of www.tarantulas.com)
dan@tarantulas.com