G.pulchra after molting

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
My molted female 2" grammostola pulchra has red color on one of legs...what does this mean? Will she loose that leg? Its been a week that she molted

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
Pics please!
I could hardly detect the red spots but leg isnt full red...red part is at middle of leg but rest of leg is black..i have tried taking the picture to show...i looked google to find something same but seems like only g.pulchra with red mark is mine...i hope its nothing bad...do you think this is side effect of a bad molt? From what i know this doesnt happen to most people.. Other tarantulas I had did not have this issue even after molt

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Is she moving around? Does there seem to be fluid leaking?
On this info alone it is hard to say what it is. Maybe post pictures of enclosure.

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
Is she moving around? Does there seem to be fluid leaking?
On this info alone it is hard to say what it is. Maybe post pictures of enclosure.
She is in 2L shoebox with about inch coconut substrate, cave, water dish and couple fake plants..she moves but Im not sure if she is able to use that leg...im very afraid if this leg cause really bad molt in her next molt that kills her

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
She is in 2L shoebox with t inch coconut substrate, cave, water dish and couple fake plants..she moves but Im not sure if she is able to use that leg...im very afraid if this leg cause really bad molt in her next molt that kills her
If the leg isn't functioning she'll
drop it. Not much you can do except keeping the waterdish full and her warm and dark. I'd leave her alone and check on her in a few hours.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I think my tarantula is slowly dying... :(
That is a bit of an extreme conclusion to jump to without first describing if there are any noticeable changes in behavior or appearance (aside from this "red leg" you are describing).
Has the spider been showing the normal post molt stretches and movements? Are the fangs blackened?
When it walks, assuming it has walked much in the last week, does it appear to have jerky movements or uncoordinated movements?

You really should try to get a decent picture. If it is out of its hide it should not be too hard, just take the lid off and snap a few shots from above and what not.

Also, like @Andrea82 said, if the leg is truly bad or damaged, the spider will drop it on its own. Losing one leg will not hinder it at all. After a couple of molts the leg will have regenerated and you will not be able to tell it was ever gone.