G Iheringi molt check

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
This is my 2" G. Iheringi its no longer accepting food, well actually it ignores dubia but goes after crickets no problem.

All I currently have are dubia lol, either yesterday or Sunday I ordered 20ct horned worms.

If I try to feed it those when I receive them and it still ignores the food should I assume it started the pre molting process?

There's no webbing down at all and I had my Ts since July 5th and they've all molted at least once except this girl.

I've also read this is one of the faster growing species in this genus but I'm definitely not expecting LP growth speed lol.

Any thoughts?

Otis Driftwood

Arachnodeity
Sounds like your T is right on track to molt in the near future. They do grow faster compared to, say, G. porteri, but that's not saying much lol. It will web down right before it molts, so everything seems fine!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
If it eats crickets ok, it could just be that it doesn't like dubia. Maybe order some crickets instead of tge worms?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
If the photo of your T is recent then I wouldn't worry about feeding right now. The abdomen on your T is big enough for that species. I would discontinue the feeding for a while then you can try again in a month or so and you will know by then if it is premoult :)

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
If the photo of your T is recent then I wouldn't worry about feeding right now. The abdomen on your T is big enough for that species. I would discontinue the feeding for a while then you can try again in a month or so and you will know by then if it is premoult :)
Thanks!!

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I to go check on this little lady to see if she's belly up and by golly she was!!!

This is the first time I can remember that I've been able to see some of the molting process.

Even though I missed the "breaking" of the outer skeleton I got to see the whole old body shell in one piece but since I already know its female I dont really have a use for it lol....

Do all Ts make a king size molting mat ?

As you can see this T made a mat twice the size of its body.....Do all Ts normally do that??

Here are videos and photos I took but I don't think i put them in order.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The molt mats size will be determined on what size of enclosure it has and where it feels comfortable. Most of mine will usually lay down a mat just big enough for their body in between their cork bark and plants or in a corner. Its wherever they feel most secure/comfortable.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Most of my ts enclosures dont have as much floorspace as that when they are that size.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
The molt mats size will be determined on what size of enclosure it has and where it feels comfortable. Most of mine will usually lay down a mat just big enough for their body in between their cork bark and plants or in a corner. Its wherever they feel most secure/comfortable.

That makes sense because this T has a lot of room in the enclosure I have it in.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I dislike rehousing so all but maybe 4 of my Ts are in their permanent housing unit.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is my 2" G. Iheringi its no longer accepting food, well actually it ignores dubia but goes after crickets no problem.

All I currently have are dubia lol, either yesterday or Sunday I ordered 20ct horned worms.

If I try to feed it those when I receive them and it still ignores the food should I assume it started the pre molting process?

There's no webbing down at all and I had my Ts since July 5th and they've all molted at least once except this girl.

I've also read this is one of the faster growing species in this genus but I'm definitely not expecting LP growth speed lol.

Any thoughts?

I own this species. They do grow exceedingly fast, and females can top out at 8". Yours is ready to molt at some point soon, no doubt. It MAY take more food or it may refuse. I've had mine refuse and also accept food the day before a molt.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
T
I own this species. They do grow exceedingly fast, and females can top out at 8". Yours is ready to molt at some point soon, no doubt. It MAY take more food or it may refuse. I've had mine refuse and also accept food the day before a molt.

Thanks it molted earlier today I can't wait to see the size when it fully recuperates.

I definitely want to this to be a regular in the hobby so the price can drop significantly because they are a pretty penny..I've seen many sizes at different prices but its expensive for a T if you end up with a male. Then no one to give it to for a 50/50 egg sac deal if you can't buy or dont have mature female.

That's why with these I wanted to start with a female

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
If my female was ready to breed how much should I be willing to shell out for a freshly mature male G iheringi?

Or should I just buy an unsexed one and take my chances of it growing up to be a male?

The worse that could happen is I get an inexpensive female lol

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
That sucks. Can sometimes pick them up in UK relatively cheap. I saw one last week 3cm body for £23

Excellent Ts an it is most def on the wishlist. One I clear some room :angelic:

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
For the first time I have seen a Canadian seller have one - they want $150cdn for a 1" spiderling. :eek:
Yea one seller here wants $150 for a 2" unsexed but its not too bad but I want to raise them from slings.

so if my goto seller won't sex me a 2" male I'll probably buy two slings for $55/each

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
That sucks. Can sometimes pick them up in UK relatively cheap. I saw one last week 3cm body for £23

Excellent Ts an it is most def on the wishlist. One I clear some room :angelic:
How much is that american money?