G iheringi and T spinipes are here!!!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey all, I've been busy afield but lurking on occasion after hours the past few days. Man, I'm a happy camper!! I just received the last 2 slings- and longtime wtbs- to round out the collection for the rest of the year.... :embarrassed:no jeers regarding the lst statement.........ahh, alright :p... go ahead, then! I figure it'll be the best for both me and the t's- with regard to workload and other doings presently. No pics yet -gotta quit getting t's for now and spend more time with the camera :razz: The new 2 are

1. Grammostola iheringi 0.0.1. -2"-+ I've never read or heard of any rosea, neither have any of my pulchra been overly fast but DANG :eek:- This little scrapper is FAST!. I got on the floor of a friend's carport and pulled open the wrapper readying to put it in the new enclosure. BOOM- It jumped out of the moist paper towel 2" to the ground and bolted across the patio under a trailer tongue. Not quite, but sure seemed nearly as fast as a P. ornata. This is my first extremely lively one right out of the packing. The long legs in comparison to my pulchra stand out. That fire orange-red butt glows!! I'm gonna name (hopefully her) Rio unless there's a single word in spanish/portuguese for "rapid river"? - hey Fran?

2. Theraphosa spinipes 0.0.1- 2.5-+". This little one is the epitome of tenacity! When I uncapped the end of the paper towel I found it hanging on to the end by it's fangs. This one's quick, but doesn't appear overly skittish and seems quite sure of itself. I finally get to see the 4 pink socks in person :clap:. Haven't settled on a name...... Tenacious Guyana has a ring, though.....prob sounds better in spanish too?! {D

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You never fail to crack me up!!!
Congrats!!! Nice grab!!! ohhh iheringi sweet!!!
Just call your Goliath T.G.... lol
Hope all is well!!!

PE@CE!!!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Armando, Thanks!... it's done! Theraphosa is christened "T.G." :)

You know, I never was into that bubblegum band- can't remember their name Whammit, dammit or something like that. I did kinda like that hit song Rio. Of course now I'll have to reword it for my iheringy baby-

"and when she runs you'll suck her dust like through a fan......oh Rio... Rio, jump a..cross the Rio Grande!"......eh:barf:

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Armando, Thanks!... it's done! Theraphosa is christened "T.G." :)

You know, I never was into that bubblegum band- can't remember their name Whammit, dammit or something like that. I did kinda like that hit song Rio. Of course now I'll have to reword it for my iheringy baby-

"and when she runs you'll suck her dust like through a fan......oh Rio... Rio, jump a..cross the Rio Grande!"......eh:barf:
Thanks!!! Terry... Glad you like it!!! It has multple meanings....!!! Like The Goliath LOL... Tenacious Guyana.... The Gurl.... The Gorgeous.... and so on lol{D

But a word from a friend!!!

DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB!!! lol

PE@CE!!!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sweet can't wait to see that iheringi in person!
Thanks, man! Your wish should be granted on Thurs or Fri when you come by for the feeders. :)

Congratsss!!!!!!
Thanks, bro! Now quickly- What is "rapid river" en espanol? :D

Thanks!!! Terry... Glad you like it!!! It has multple meanings....!!! Like The Goliath LOL... Tenacious Guyana.... The Gurl.... The Gorgeous.... and so on lol{D

But a word from a friend!!!

DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB!!! lol

PE@CE!!!
Gotta love those multiple meanings.....hope she turns out to be one Terrific girl!;)

Can't afford to.......like I could make a living doin sumpthin else :rolleyes:

Back to ya! :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Terry congrats! I know you have been wanting these for a while.. Cant wait until I can get a chance to come over to La & take a gander at the collection..

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks, man! Your wish should be granted on Thurs or Fri when you come by for the feeders. :)

Thanks, bro! Now quickly- What is "rapid river" en espanol? :D

Gotta love those multiple meanings.....hope she turns out to be one Terrific girl!;)

Can't afford to.......like I could make a living doin sumpthin else :rolleyes:

Back to ya! :)
Terry's Gurl!!! Bam back at yah!!!!{D{D

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Terry congrats! I know you have been wanting these for a while.. Cant wait until I can get a chance to come over to La & take a gander at the collection..
Likewise, I probably need to scoot back to Texas one of these days asap. I'm not certain about it as I've seen alot of Theraphosa here and there over the years, but I may have actually never seen a true T blondi. :eek:

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Likewise, I probably need to scoot back to Texas one of these days asap. I'm not certain about it as I've seen alot of Theraphosa here and there over the years, but I may have actually never seen a true T blondi. :eek:
Rapid River? Rio rapido???? :D

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Rapid River? Rio rapido???? :D
Fran, Thanks, man. Sounds great to me! She is now officially tagged! AArgh..uh oh! Now I'm gonna have to abbreviate that one for sure- RR. I'll stick with Rio for short- but "Rio Rapido" it is!.... or... in hopes of being female- Ria Rapida ? {D

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
2 more li'l pigs

Great! It appears there will be no "babying" with these two. G iheringi took a p-k adult cricket right out of my hand! I'm fairly sure the Theraphosa has eaten its also. I put it at the edge of its hide about an hour ago....now its gone. :clap:

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Congrats, Terry! I'm counting down the days until I get my G. iheringi. 10 days left. :) I sure wish you could post pictures.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi Toni, Thanks. You'll certainly be impressed! Paul told me yesterday that they were big eaters :) Terry

Forgot to add. I don't have a card reader for the computer yet. I'll get around to pics and such eventually.

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Hi Toni, Thanks. You'll certainly be impressed! Paul told me yesterday that they were big eaters :) Terry

Forgot to add. I don't have a card reader for the computer yet. I'll get around to pics and such eventually.
Yeah, yeah.. you keep saying that. :p

possumburg

Arachnosquire

I'll bring my camera with me tomorrow ;)