G. cola

Lessej

Arachnopeon
So I stopped into my LPS tonight... and I honestly haven't heard of or seen this for awhile but I got a good laugh when I stopped in the reptile and invert room and saw them selling a G. cola. :hungry:

I didn't think that name was used anymore?... either way it made me laugh. Although, I didn't care for their setup at all.
20161028_190422.jpg 20161028_190441.jpg

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Sponge in water dish? Check.
Inappropriate substrate? Check.
Screen top? Check.
Heat lamp? Check.
Thermometer? Check.
Inappropriate enclosure? Check.

This, my friends, is the epitome of terrible husbandry. At least it's not curling. Luckily this is a hardy species.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
So I stopped into my LPS tonight... and I honestly haven't heard of or seen this for awhile but I got a good laugh when I stopped in the reptile and invert room and saw them selling a G. cola. :hungry:

I didn't think that name was used anymore?... either way it made me laugh. Although, I didn't care for their setup at all.
View attachment 223688 View attachment 223689
Yet more common name confusion. I reckon the fact they have called in G Cola is obviously a selling point.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Also, it looks like a MM from looking at the pedipalps....sigh.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah ah, a thing I love is that offering only a normal sized KK, with a normal substrate, a normal water dish, and a normal piece of old good cork bark for hide would be less annoying than creating those "Franken-Enclosures".

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
One in pet shop near to me is labeled as "G. spatulata". At least he is in fine enclosure

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
One in pet shop near to me is labeled as "G. spatulata". At least he is in fine enclosure
I haven´t seen that name for years, that´s a properly old fashioned one :).

Oh, and I wanted to ask you, how popular is keeping T´s in Croatia?

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Oh, and I wanted to ask you, how popular is keeping T´s in Croatia?
There's a lot of wild single T keepers, as everywhere. But we have fairly nice little community of exotic animal keepers. We also have several small time T breeders. Nothing too much but at least it exists

Lessej

Arachnopeon
Sponge in water dish? Check.
Inappropriate substrate? Check.
Screen top? Check.
Heat lamp? Check.
Thermometer? Check.
Inappropriate enclosure? Check.

This, my friends, is the epitome of terrible husbandry. At least it's not curling. Luckily this is a hardy species.
I felt bad for it. Looked so sweet walking around the enclosure, albeit I'm sure totally stressed out. Unfortunately I know if I buy that one they will just replace it with another in a few days.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
G. cola is the sweet version of G. rosea, you can hug it, sleep w/it, it's all the rage in S. America.