G. aureostriata eggsac

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
706
This is one of my female G. aureostriatas at day 30 with her sac. She is about 7", so I figured that it would be a challenge to take this from her, but she basically walked away from it.
 

Attachments

Last edited:

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
664
Most excellent!
This is one of the species I was hoping to breed this summer. Do you have any special hints that might help me be successful? Was the female aggressive towards the male? Also, what kind of temp/humidity did you keep the female at during the incubation, and lastly what type of incubator did you use.
Anything else you can add would be greatly appreciated.
Also, when you plan to sell the babies, please let me know. I've got 2 already, and I would love to add several more.
Thanks!
Ralph
 

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
1,373
hey

Great job Jon! Those are beautiful t's! Great pics and that female looked feisty, it is very bulky in size! 7" that is big! Good Luck with the new babies!


James
 

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
706
Originally posted by rknralf
Most excellent!
This is one of the species I was hoping to breed this summer. Do you have any special hints that might help me be successful? Was the female aggressive towards the male? Also, what kind of temp/humidity did you keep the female at during the incubation, and lastly what type of incubator did you use.
Anything else you can add would be greatly appreciated.
Also, when you plan to sell the babies, please let me know. I've got 2 already, and I would love to add several more.
Thanks!
Ralph
Thanks!

I now have 3 females that were all bred to the same male. None of them were aggressive this time, but last year one of them ate a male. The female was kept in between 75 and 80 degrees. I took the sac at 30 days and cut a slit in it and placed it in a hammock- style incubator. The male was a loan, so after I divide them, I should have some for sale. I will contact you when they are ready.

John
 

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
706
Re: hey

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
Great job Jon! Those are beautiful t's! Great pics and that female looked feisty, it is very bulky in size! 7" that is big! Good Luck with the new babies!


James
Thanks, James!:) :)
 

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
211
Nice pics John. Nice sack too.

I think i smell a contest in the future. woohoo!!=D
 

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
706
Originally posted by Cronoss
Nice pics John. Nice sack too.

I think i smell a contest in the future. woohoo!!=D

That might not be a bad idea. Are you volunteering to help with the counting?;) ;)
 

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
267
I'll volunteer to do some counting.....
i don't have anything else to do at all....
unemployment is wonderful.

Hehehehe....

Congrats John.... but sorry about the bad P. cambridgei news.... I really wanted to have babies with you.
 

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Mar 1, 2003
Messages
275
NICE! That's awesome, When/If you sell them, will you post it in the for sale/trade section of this site?? I would really like to get some!! Congradulations and good luck!!! Seems like you have alot of work to do!!! But it's definatly worth it, they are so awesome!
Mike
 

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
1,387
Congradulations on the new babies !!! Send me a pm when you start selling them, I'd love a couple
 

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Joined
Oct 12, 2002
Messages
903
Originally posted by Devildoll

Congrats John.... but sorry about the bad P. cambridgei news.... I really wanted to have babies with you.
I know what you mean. I wanted to have babies with him, too =D

Congratulations, John, on a very nice, manageably-sized eggsac!

Joy
 

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
706
@ Devildoll - that sounded really bad. :eek: I don't know why that cambridgei ate her sac. Stupid unsexy spider! If I do a contest I'll need to get a better pic ( hint bring your camera).

@Invadermike- Thanks. They are awesome, gentle giants. When/If I sell them I will post them and PM you.

@ Mendi- Thank you! I will PM you when they are ready.

@Joy- If you've got the spiders, I've got the time.;) ;)
 

Infinity

Arachnopeon
Joined
Dec 23, 2002
Messages
33
Originally posted by Devildoll
Congrats John.... but sorry about the bad P. cambridgei news.... I really wanted to have babies with you. [/B]
Note to self: Mike has officially scared me... :eek:
 

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
706
Just an update...

All but 3 of them molted last week between day 61 and 63. There are alot of them! They have started taking small crickets.

For those of you interested in the particulars, here they are:

The female was a long term captive and last molted in June 2002.
The male was a loan so I have no data on him. Approximately seven weeks went by between mating and eggsac construction.

Here is a pic Devildoll took (Thanks, Mike) of them before I took out the 50% for the loan. The sac is near the center and still had slings in it.
 

Attachments

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 13, 2003
Messages
1,294
....Note to self: Mike has officially scared me... :eek:~ ME TOO!:D

OOOOOOOOOO! SOOOO many T's :D

Can I have some ?
 

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
706
Originally posted by sunnymarcie
....Note to self: Mike has officially scared me... :eek:~ ME TOO!:D

OOOOOOOOOO! SOOOO many T's :D

Can I have some ?

I'd be willing to part with some very reasonably.:) I was also thinking of doing a "Guess How Many Jillions Of Slings I Had To Buy Vials For" contest.
 

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
664
If you're ready to part with some, please let me know.
Even though I am attempting to breed this species now, a few extra from a different bloodline are always welcome.

Can I PM you to get some additional information on the breeding/eggsac?

Thanks!
Ralph
 

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
706
Originally posted by rknralf
If you're ready to part with some, please let me know.
Even though I am attempting to breed this species now, a few extra from a different bloodline are always welcome.

Can I PM you to get some additional information on the breeding/eggsac?

Thanks!
Ralph

Sure! I am always willing to help, if I can.

John
 
Top