G.aureo climbing more than usual

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had my little 4" girl since about March or so, and in all that time I'd never seen her climb as much as she has been lately. About five minutes after I shut the lights off in my room to go to sleep, I heard something rattle from her direction, so I turned the light back on, and caught her fiddling with the screen on the top of her enclosure, trying to climb onto it. She managed to hang on for five minutes or so, then decided to walk back down.

Now, she doesn't hang out on the glass or on the ceiling all the time, or even half the time. She's almost always just sitting on the substrate somewhere, out in the open and apparently content. I've just never seen her do this degree of climbing before. I'm worried something might be bothering her.

The coco fiber in her cage is bone dry, she always has water in her dish, and she's webbed on the ground here and there. I don't think there are any mites, or at least I haven't seen any.

Is she okay? Do I need to take her to counseling?

Also, here is her tummy if anyone wants to confirm whether or not she's a she:

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my g. aureo baby likes to climb around at night too. Maybe in the wild there are less predators at night or something so that's when they like to do their own hunting.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
For the last week, I have noticed that my 3" girl is climbing quite a bit. I've never seen her do this before. She seems content just to hang out on the end wall and watch for awhile, then she moves back down to ground level and just kind of hangs out under her bushes or cork bark.

Maybe it's the season for some special G. aureostriata event that we don't know about? :)

MclarenF1

Arachnopeon
Maybe it's the season for some special G. aureostriata event that we don't know about? :)
That would be cool. I woke up this morning to find mine upside down on the top of his terrarium! Just a couple minutes ago, I came into my room and he was up in the corner again. We might be on to something here.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My juvie spends half of her time being arboreal. Her home is fine, she has food, and water, so I always assumed she was doing the arboreal thing while she can. They get so heavy bodied as adults, I don't imagine climbing is something they do a lot once they get to full size. Maybe they are just getting it out of their systems now.