G. alticeps pic

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here's a couple pics of my G. alticeps still in her molting web that she decided to construct on top of her shelter.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
sweet...

wow! that T is awsome! is it arboreal? i may get one! awsome colors! Great pic!!

James

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: sweet...

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
wow! that T is awsome! is it arboreal? i may get one! awsome colors! Great pic!!

James
Thanks James! They are terrestrial and in the genus Grammostola, although I've found both of mine to be a little more skittish than most G. roseas. Her color does tend to brown a little as she nears a molt.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: hey

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
are they easy to breed, good luck if you are!!

James

I haven't heard too much about their ease of breeding. Maybe someone else has? My male is still a little guy, but I definitely intend on trying when he matures.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey, this looks like a T that goes by the common name of Brazillian tawnyred. It's scientific name is/was G. mollicoma. Do you know if it was changed to alticeps?

It looks pretty girthy!

Big Dragonfly

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Hey, this looks like a T that goes by the common name of Brazillian tawnyred. It's scientific name is/was G. mollicoma. Do you know if it was changed to alticeps?

It looks pretty girthy!

Big Dragonfly
Thanks! I have a G. mollicoma and they are two separate species. You may have seen mollicoma listed as G. pulchripes. IMO G. alticeps looks somewhat like G. inermis, while G. mollicoma favors G. grossa.