Funny things that your T does?

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I have a H gigas that just kills it on open mic night. She can juggle too.
My P cancerides doesn't like it though, her attitude is "Stuffs not funny" What a grouch

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I have a p. Irminia that wants to rip my face off every time I open its enclosure, I think that's kind of cute.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
cracks me up when they groom their spinnerets, it looks like they're scratching their butt lol

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I have used vials (the same containers that T's are placed in for shipping) as water dishes for some of my slings. One of my G. pulchripes slings has some how dumped all of the water out of the vial and used it as a hide a couple times. I quit using it since I didn't want the substrate too wet for it.

It is a funny site when I open the lid and see this. If T's had a voice I could almost image this sling trying to hide its guilt and saying "I don't know how that got that way".

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
Not a tarantula - but my scorpion moved all the moss in the terrarium into his hide. I was like "where's the moss going?" and then I looked in his hide.

Oh, and when he grabs his food and misses with the stinger! He looks pretty drunk.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Woke up one morning to my A. metallica hanging upside down through a hole in the bottom of her web funnel. Back four legs and butt sticking straight up in the air, and front half just dangling through the hole.. Thought she was stuck or something so I lightly blew on her, and she backed right out like nothing was going on... Still haven't figured that one out o_O

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My N.Chromatus likes to put her fake plants into her hide. I always imagine her bring like "It's okay plants I'll protect you from the cruel world."

woodermeloon

Arachnopeon
If you keep big terrestrials they often keep a trash corner where they keep their food bolus. If my L.kulgi is pre-molt shell munch a roach and makes sure it dies in the trash corner.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
I.like when they guard the water dish minus the threat pose. The ones like my genic who just try to snatch it back. She is typical genic and always ready to eat
(so caution is advised lol) otherwise a sweetheart. Till you take her dish, she charges over, zero hair kicking, or threats and grabs it like...

"'HEY! That's mine! Do you mind!'"

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
When her burrow gets drier than she prefers, my B. albo will put dirt from her burrow in the water dish and siphon moisture down into her space.

My little G. pulchripes likes a dry enclosure and after an enclosure change the new dirt was more moist than acceptable. It hung out on the wall for ages. The few times it came down to test the new substrate it would rest one foot on the dirt then slowly scrunch upon itself like "eww, you've got to be kidding me." and back up the wall it goes.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
A few weeks ago, I gave my 1" G. pulchra a pretty sizable pre-killed cricket. The second it hit the floor, she snatched it up and proceeded to parade the carcass all over the enclosure like she was the one that slayed it. Then she dragged it across her water dish, got stuck, and refused to let go. I used my forceps to nudge her out of the water bowl, but the cricket was still stuck and she was just hanging on to it with her tiny little fangs while she frantically wiggled her legs around trying to get a foothold. I nudged the cricket out and she dragged it back to her hide. It's amazing how much personality even a tiny sling can have.

Last edited:

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
recently I fed my A. geniculata and while it was munching on the roach I grabbed its water dish to clean and refill. It loves pushing dirt into its dish for some reason. Anyway, when I came back to put the water dish back I found my T webbing the moist spot from where the dish was and would not move for my to put it back. No clue why it insisted on making sure that entire spot was webbed over but it was funny seeing it do the webbing dance with a mouth full of roach

SysAdmin

Arachnopeon
Woke up one morning to my A. metallica hanging upside down through a hole in the bottom of her web funnel. Back four legs and butt sticking straight up in the air, and front half just dangling through the hole.. Thought she was stuck or something so I lightly blew on her, and she backed right out like nothing was going on... Still haven't figured that one out o_O
Maybe it's trying to molt like a Mantis?

DeadlyGecko101

Arachnopeon
Haha I'm glad someone made this a thread. My 3/4-1" P. irminia sling will accept pre-killed crickets from a small pair of tweezers, chew on it for only a few seconds and then drop the prey. The first time I noticed this I figured she probably wasn't interested so with my tweezers I reached in to remove the cricket and she turned around and snatched it from me again! As if she was saving it for a snack or something lol. I just leave it in there, its fun to observe her go back and forth. She will actually web up her prey kind of like a widow spider. I love tarantulas, they have very curious personalities. Lets hear some more funny stories!

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Let's see, my B emilia thinks her water dish is where she's supposed to molt, literally. She'll dump most of the water and flip into it. No Web no nothing. Just the dish. Other than that my genic hangs on to her water dish with no attitude threats or poses just rushes over and tugs back, it's rather endearing.
(Of course I'm mad crazy for this gal anyway so that might explain it, I think everything she does is great)
IMG_2716.JPG IMG_2711.JPG

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Yesterday I was feeding my sub-adult female P. cambridgei, who is a fierce eater (as they pretty much all are). Dropped the cricket on a thin fake leaf near her cork round...she darts out like lightning, but the cricket just managed to move enough so she ended up grabbing the leaf. And she was either confused or pissed that she missed the cricket because she wrestled with that leaf for literally 10 full seconds before sulking back into her hide. It was hilarious.