Funny GBB Dance while Handling

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
So I was rehousing my GBB sling from the container he came from, when I received him and I decided to handle him. He/she is currently about 3/4". While she was on my hand she just started walking around exploring, normal behavior. But it started doing this weird motion of it swinging / dragging it's abdomen left and right on my hand. It felt quite weird on my hand and was an interesting sight, and I felt like my T was doing some sort of erotic dance, haha. My guess it was a way it webs my hand, since I felt some stray web on my hand later on, but that's just a guess. I've never had this happen to my other T's when I've handled them. Have you guys gone through something like this with your GBB, or maybe even with other species.

Freshly molted, only letting my see those bright orange/red legs

Attachments

Last edited:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
From what I've seen in other species, they're just trying to create an anchor point to keep themselves more stable so there's less of a chance that they'll fall.

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
From what I've seen in other species, they're just trying to create an anchor point to keep themselves more stable so there's less of a chance that they'll fall.
I see, I feel I would see this behaviour when T's are in tree branches and making webbing points to stop them from falling. Now that I think about it, what do you consider GBB to be? Terrestrial or Aboreal?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I see, I feel I would see this behaviour when T's are in tree branches and making webbing points to stop them from falling. Now that I think about it, what do you consider GBB to be? Terrestrial or Aboreal?
Terrestrial.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Vertical Terrestrial