Funny desert scorpion :)

Jordan1998

Arachnosquire
I just wanted to share this funny pic of my Hottentotta tamulus gangeticus (indian red scorpion for the ones who dont know it’s latin name). It’s a desert species ofcourse and mine likes water it seems :D

Attachments

Falsielove13

Arachnosquire
Definitely in pre molt but interesting behaviour! I dont provide water containers for any of my species but mist as neede .

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I just wanted to share this funny pic of my Hottentotta tamulus gangeticus (indian red scorpion for the ones who dont know it’s latin name). It’s a desert species ofcourse and mine likes water it seems :D
What you have is H. tamulus sindicus, not H.t. gangeticus. The scorpion does not like water, it is trying to gain extra height by standing in the water dish in order to escape, could you provide some photos of the complete enclosure as things don't look to good based on that one photo.

Jordan1998

Arachnosquire
What you have is H. tamulus sindicus, not H.t. gangeticus. The scorpion does not like water, it is trying to gain extra height by standing in the water dish in order to escape, could you provide some photos of the complete enclosure as things don't look to good based on that one photo.
It’s just black colored sand i got from my pet shop. I have some bark in there to make it look more natural and I have a coaster as hide. That’s basically it next to the water cap. What’s wrong about it? :(

Btw, i got 2 of them. Theyre supposed to be a breeding couple. I bought them online at www.geleedpotigen.com. You sure theyre not hottentotta tamulus gangeticus?

Attachments

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
It’s just black colored sand i got from my pet shop. I have some bark in there to make it look more natural and I have a coaster as hide. That’s basically it next to the water cap. What’s wrong about it? :(

Btw, i got 2 of them. Theyre supposed to be a breeding couple. I bought them online at www.geleedpotigen.com. You sure theyre not hottentotta tamulus gangeticus?
H.t.gangeticus is reddish orange, hence the common name Indian Red.