Funny behavior

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry for posting about this but I just think it's way too funny and I have to share....... I noticed it about three weeks ago when I bought her, but my G. rosea has an extremely interesting eating habit. The first thing she did when I put her in her new KK, even before digging her borrow under her hide, she dug several holes all over the enclosure (5 in all i believe). Well, i didn't understand why she was digging these holes until two days after she started she filled all in but one and ever since she has been using it as a trash can for leftover food. She'll grab a cricket, pull it into her hide, suck on it for a couple hours, then walk out of her hide and place the leftover ball of cricket parts neatly in her little trash corner.
My rosea is a blessing on 8 legs. She (actually it's unsexed... i think one or two molts till adulthood) is active at least once every day, she is the most docile T i have ever seen, and she's about the quirkiest animal I've ever own. There's so much personality in her and I can't wait to breed her because roseas like this are so rare I just have to pass on the jeans so other people can enjoy this amazing T!

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good Housekeeping!

Well I guess it's good and bad. Good that you have a clean-friendly T. The bad is that it will make it harder to clean the carcasses from the tank.
But yes amusing it is.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Rosies are all full of personality. I have 6 and they are all different. My biggest female alwys puts her bottom right up against the glass every time she has to poop, just so we can make a mess on the glass for Mom to clean. I think she enjoys it.

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my rosie always poops in the same place (off in the far left hand corner of the tank) her butt is always facing me also as if to say: "hey mike, i'm pooping, i know you can see me pooping so you better start cleaning soon" :) CRAZY rosies {D

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yup
good old rosies, mine stashes her cricket remains anywhere and everywhere
it's like an easter egg hunt everytime

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i had one years back that had a ritual everytime i was in the tank. at first i didnt see any humor in it and would always use tongs. but after a while it became quite funny. she would run across the tank and bunt whatever was there,then she would take a few steps back and start hopping in a circle around your hand then repeat the head bunt. after 3 or 4 times she would retreat. me and my kids got a few good laugh,s out of it. the one adult i have now has no sense of humor at all. she comes at you fangs out and ready for a fight.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you guys are lucky! my rosie is the devil incarnate!!!! her only quirk is that she is mean as ... well you know. she will throw up a threat display at the slightest disturbance and venom will literally drip from her fangs!!! i think she was a p. murinus in a previous life. its helarious because my p. murinus acts like a rosie should. just as calm as can be! {D

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow i can't believe that a rosea would be like that! I guess if yours was a P. marinus in a past life, mine must have been a puppy.