Funniest thing you've seen your T do.

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just thought I'd make a thread and see what's the funniest thing people have seen their Ts do.

Give some info on the tarantula I suppose, species, how long you've had it, that sort of stuff and what it did.

My G. rosea recently molted (Friday last week), and has become really hyper-active. Today I woke up to find her dragging her water dish across the tank. I suppose she feels it's time for a new setup along with her new exoskeleton. I'm pretty sure she's using the water dish as sort of an anchor to stretch her soft skeleton, but it just looks ridiculous seeing a tarantula backing up, pulling this glass water dish with her front legs across the tank.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
try and balance an elephant on a beach ball while singing cum by ah.

octoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a 4 inch Aphonopelma seemani that I've had for little over a month or two now.

She really likes trying to climb the plants I have in there, just to explore the top and whatnot at night.

One night she got the idea to try and climb the plant right above her waterdish. I guess she thought she was this little light-weight thing that could manage to sit on a leaf without it bending, but she was wrong. As soon as she got up on the leaf, it bent over and sent her plunging into the waterdish.

Poor girl sped off as fast as she could into her log hide, and didn't come out for the rest of night. X)

It's just pretty funny to see how skittish she can be. Just walking into the room sends her running laps around her enclosure.

mohwa07

Arachnopeon
My very first G. Rosea, George, would raise his little toe to touch my finger when I would put my finger in front of him, it was the cutest E.T.-phone-home gesture ever :D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine would have to be watching the younger of my two female B. albos doing her earth moving routine. After I rehoused her, she investigated her new home for the first day, and by that night she was ready for rennovations. She went into one corner and started to dig, dirt was flying out between her legs and behind her. She dug until she was almost standing on her head. The she climbed out, grabbed a dirt clod in her pedipalps and carried it over in front of her hide. She dropped it, patted it down wither her front legs, and went back for more. She kept going until she had half of the dirt she had dug up gone, then she got back in the hole and just started pushing. It was hysterical. She did that most of the night and slept most of the next day.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have seen my tarantula do some of the funniest things. i have a g. rosea, named taku. his cage has a log hide and a plastic plant next to it. during his feeding time one day a cricket climbed up the plant, out of taku's reach. taku waited awhile, eventually when the cricket didnt come down he walked on the plant, pushing the leaves down. as soon as the cricket was in reach he grabbed it. hes one smart tarantula lol.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
While it wasn't too good for the T, I had a female A. seemani in a 30 gal. for one night while I was prepping a container for her, she crawled all the way up the glass, and hooked one front leg into the screen lid, and let go of the glass. I walked into the room to see her hanging by one leg, looking at me like "Just get me down".:D

-Sean

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think it's a tie between my rosie scratching her butt to groom herself or the A. seemani that ran out of the tank when I misted it and tried to hide in my lap {D (It was a side open tank and it was at my store :rolleyes: )

Avic_Addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Either my G.rosea doing handstands in the corner of her tank or my friends A.Avic that actually paddles around in her waterbowl - 'Splish splish' {D

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
OBT in threat pose ... trying soo hard to look menacing that it flipped backwards.

it was 3" max at the time.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
all obts flip onto their backs if they feel really threatened. that way, they can place a bite on a bigger opponent.

when i got my female, she did that at the show while i picked up her container. she maintained the pose all through the afternoon, until we got home and i just scooped her out of the box and into her new home. i thought it was hilarious, but my bf certainly didn't ;P

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The OBT tantrum is pretty funny, but my favorite was the time my C. crawshayi ran up the tongs to sit on my hand and get a better angle to attack the tongs. (This was only funny once she'd run back down into her enclosure)

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It had to be either my 2" B. boehmei duing a flying Ninja flip off the top of her hide to catch a cricket, or my 4" L. parahybana actually jumping to the lid after one- then when back on the ground hitting it so hard that he ended up on his back! Actually, I think MY reaction to the L.para was what was the funny thing- I had my face really close to the lid.....scared the stuff out of me!{D

Sparky

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
About a month ago my 2.5" A.geniculata finally decided to molt but instead of making it's molting mat on the ground, it made a hammock between the leaves of its plastic plant 2" above ground. I also noticed that its "chewed" the edges of these leaves. Silly spider.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my g. pulchra female walked across the tank, backed up into a corner, pooped, and walked back to her hide spot.

i couldn't help but laugh.