Funniest thing you've seen your T do.

Morro_Narcissa

Arachnopeon
I had a B. vagans pick up small river rocks and drop them into his water dish. I think he did 4 before I realized what the clanking sound was.

Katy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had a G rosea sling living in a deli container, his legs were short enough he couldn't reach over the edge of the container when the lid was off, but all of a sudden, after a molt, he'd gained enough length to reach over and climb out. When I opened the container to remove the skin, he sat there for 5 or so minutes just waving his legs one by one over the edge, apparently completely amazed, "Wow...there's nothing there! I should check with another leg, just to be sure."

Also, this isn't a tarantula so feel free to delete, but my vinegaroon made me laugh almost every day. If I rearranged the decor in his tank (a fake skeleton and assorted rocks), Bob would spend the rest of the day and sometimes even a week walking in circles, rediscovering the tank. By the time he'd made it all the way around, he'd forgotten about the first rock he'd found and be completely shocked that it was there.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My A. Genic moving all of the dirt in her cage around so that it completely blocked off the "door" in her hide. Man, spiders sure do look funny when they are digging

stk5m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have an a. avic sling that runs laps around the top of its plastic tube. It will do it for hours nonstop. guess it needs exercise:D :D

Diva Satanica

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got back my extremely old female G. rosea and today I redid her tank to make it more appropriate for her. She was walking around the enclosure, checking everything out and when she walked over the ceramic skull thats in there, she realized that she'd come down ontop of her water dish........so she stood for a good half hour, all of her legs spread to all sides of the water dish, hovering over it. She IS a rosehair, so gawd forbid she touch the H2O.....:)

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ive got a giant darkform earthtiger and she's just plain crazy/funny {D everytime i shoot water in her dish she attacks it,flips it over and over(it's a small shallow plastic jar top,works with all of my bugs) she does it nonstop,so i just leave until she moves far away from it,which takes alittle time,then she'll bolt out of the shoebox run up the rack system dangling by 4 legs trying to rear up an bite me,i just leave her then when she calms down i cup(big cup)her and she back in there:clap: so now i just open the lid alittle and put food/water in that way.it's really funny to watch but she is taking up my time{D

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my 3" genic flip her water dish dayly :rolleyes:
I have to drain her deli cap ones a 3-4 days or she will be swimmin in der, silly thing

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ive told this one more than a few times and would give anything to have taped it. i had a g. rosea female years back that would head bunt your hand, then step back and bounce around then usually do it again. she would do this three or four times and then slowly move away and totally ignore you. she never once tried to bite but her little head bunting ritual happened anytime you got within 6 or 8 inch's without fail.

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a older G. rosea female that thought it would be a good idea to climb the glass, turn around, a plant her face in the substrate. She stayed doing a head stand for an entire day until I bugged her to see if she was ok.

I see several other posts on here have mentioned G. rosea head stands, and that also it seems G. rosea is the major offender of weirdo behaviour. :?

And people say they are boring go figure!

ILoveHotDogs

Arachnopeon
My boyfriend and I recently transferred our A. versicolor, Sparkles, into a new larger home. We tossed in a cricket to keep her entertained, and in mad scramble to get it, she got vermiculite stuck to one of her feet. She seemed so disgusted that even as she held the cricket in her pedipalps, she stretched the leg with the vermiculite almost double-jointedly over her back to shake it off.

It reminded me of someone getting toilet paper stuck to their shoe!

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My funny stories happened today; the day I decided to introduce "large" crickets to a few of my Ts. OH MAN.

Well the crickets themselves have proven to be most entertaining. What's more, they certainly do live up to name of "large crickets". While I personally dislike crickets, my mom hates them with a passion. I've been feeding my Ts medium-sized crickets thus far and she swears they look like cockroaches and refuses to look at them for more then a second.

Naturally, I figured she'd HATE these large ones exponentially more then the medium-sized counterparts. Turns out, she really enjoys watching these larger ones! Which only leads me to believe that my mom has no idea what a cockroach looks like.

First up to try the new grub was my G. rosea. She's not my best eater but since she molted about 10 days ago, I figured she was due for a meal. I accidentally dropped the large cricket ON her and she immediately showed a defense posture. Considering the most exciting thing my rosie has ever done is sit on her log, I concluded this to be some show.

Next up was my B. smithi (my best eater). I was careful to drop the cricket in front of her and she immediately pounced. But she seemed surprised at the size and began rotating her body 360 degrees in what can only be described as a "tarantula doing a doughnut". This went on for a good 3 minutes as I sat there wondering what's going on?

My G. aureostriata received its dinner third. It's a bit smaller then my smithi but just as proficient with food. Within a second it, too, pounced on the large cricket. Similar to my smithi, it seemed surprised at the size of the food item, but instead of rotating, my little g. aureostriata lifted itself up nice and tall and began to chow down. Apparently, the species can double as a crane on construction sights.

Last but certainly not least was the feeding of my A. avicularia. Now I remember reading somewhere that pinktoes "could" jump. But since I’ve never seen anything remotely close to a jump from mine, I figured it was just lore (kind of like leprechauns, fairies, and the equator). Well, I witnessed first hand this jumping ability today at dinner! I carefully opened the front of my exo-terra tank and, with the cricket in my "feeding" tweezers, brought it towards the pinktoe's mouth. As soon as I was an inch away from it, the T jumped AT me, the cricket jumped away from me, and I just jumped back in fear because I’m a wuss.

To top it all off, all the remaining crickets are currently serenading me with chirping. I feel like I’m camping!

Crazy day!

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Finally my Murinis did something funny...I was rehousing him and her sat on his abdomen and back to feet in a threat display..this was the first time i ever seen it close up....amusing...but something funny happen while he was doing this threat display i looked really close and he wasnt bearing his fangs however his fangs were open kind of like ^ and i could see between the fangs....what was he doing?...was he trying to stridulate or something???

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The other day i got in one Malaysian black velvet (Coremiocnemis sp.) i went to take it out of the shipping container it would not budge so i had to try and scoop it out with a plastic spoon the coremiocnemis bolted out of the container on to my hand down my pants and ran across the room under my dresser. i started to freak out thinking to my self i just got this in and now i lost it. well i put a towel under the bottom of the door so it cant get out in to the hall way and the other rooms. so i took out my drawers and could not find her any where. after 3 min i turned around and stood up and there it was on the wall hanging on a photo frame of my other tarantulas. on the other side of the room. , she would not budge but i finaly got her in.

Dorcus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My P. regalis sling run around like a crazed idiot when i picked up its deli cup home ^^'

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The first time my rosea pooped on my bed, She was just crawling around, then starts walking backwards while wiggling her abdomen, and plop-there it is!
Ewww! :eek: She had just finished off a bunch of really juicy crickets too!

The next time I was ready for her, when I saw her "backing up", I quickly slipped a piece of paper towel under her rump and "intercepted" the delivery.

Another time I saw her do it in her cage (thank goodness!), but it was in a spot where she usually walks, -- she actually went and got a small ball of substrate to cover it up so she wouldn't step in it!

Avic_Addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know I've already posted on this thread but I did a little maintenance yesterday and the spiders were being especially amusing.

First, my little A.versicolor sling Spangle had moulted for the first time the night before, and I decided to drop a cricket in for her to distract her while I try to remove the moult (she is wicked-fast when she moves!). She obviously knew there was a cricket in the tub but must have been a little disorientated from moulting because she lunged at and attacked her own moult about 4 times before finally running to get the cricket. {D

I thought my G.rosea Intsy-Wincy may also be hungry as I'd seen her mooching about the tank all day like she was hunting, so I dropped a large cricket in. She obviously wasnt as hungry as I thought and seemed positively horrified at the cricket - She ran up to it, b*tch-slapped it with her palps so that it flew across the viv then ran back into her favourite corner and took up threat posture. She stayed like this for 20 mins until I managed to remove the offending bug.

:}