Funniest thing you've seen a T do

Shudragon

Arachnopeon
Hasn't been one of these in a while, but earlier today I was filling water dishes/misting, and my male avic just so happened to build a small hammock over his water dish and was in hunting pose.

Was pretty easy to just angle my sprayer so I could fill his water dish but the little derp literally struck at the water stream, several times. Made me laugh.

Any funny T moments? I know you old farts have some.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
The funniest moment i have observed was my H vonwirthi threat pose all the way onto its back. And remained there for a good while.

Shudragon

Arachnopeon
The funniest moment i have observed was my H vonwirthi threat pose all the way onto its back. And remained there for a good while.
Hah, when I first got this pair of avics the same male mentioned did the exact same when i was rehousing them in the tub. He hated my paintbrush

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
A b smithi I had put its back legs on the glass of its enclosure and started webbing. Looked like it was twerking... such class that T had.

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
B. albopilosum exploded like a jack-in-the-box out of his hole to attack the water bowl during a refill. After getting water everywhere in a mad bitey scramble, he poofed again back to the burrow.

That was the first time but not the last. And people want to know why I don't hold my T. Ha! Ain't stickin' my hand in there with an attack hole.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
MY AF boehmei lifted her water bowl from the floor up onto the container wall, and moved it from one container wall to the next 2 or 3 walls without ever dropping it, with only 2 legs doing the passing over. She truly impressed me!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Any funny T moments?
Last year, I discovered a funny game to play with Bulldozer, my juvenile Grammostola pulchra. I slipped a Mylar ribbon through the vent holes in her cage. As soon as she sensed something was moving in her cage, she reached up, grabbed the ribbon, and yanked it all the way in. She held onto the ribbon as I lifted her all the way into the air and still would not let go. I couldn't stop laughing.

I then tried to distract Dozer with a cricket, but she just grabbed the cricket while still holding onto the ribbon. At this point, I said she had won and decided to wait until she lost interest in the ribbon.

Twenty minutes later, Dozer was still holding onto the ribbon while eating the cricket. I decided to intervene when I heard her crinkling the ribbon as if trying to stuff it into her mouth. The only way I was able to remove the ribbon from her cage was by introducing a second cricket and coaxing her away from the ribbon by brushing the substrate with a strip of paper.

Grenn

Arachnopeon
When I had my G. rosea (20+ yrs ago) I once got up in the middle of the night and checked her enclosure to see what she was up to. I had a red light on the tank so could observe without it being too invasive. She wasn't in her hide, or usual spots, and didn't seem to have dug anywhere - in fact I couldn't for the life of me actually see her at all and I began worrying she'd escaped.

I was looking down on the enclosure and couldn't actually see the upper inside. As I stooped lower I realised she was completely upside down on the inner ceiling of the enclosure, just motionless. o_O

She was a good 5-6" DLS in size so by no means small. As I stared wondering what she was up to, she suddenly dropped, flipped 180 degrees, and landed right-side-up on the substrate. :astonished: It wasn't far to fall and she was completely unharmed. I couldn't tell if it was a fall or a deliberate move but she was certainly a bit big for such acrobatics. Never saw her do it again but the sight of it always stuck in my memory. Crazy bugs. :wacky:

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Flip their water dish over than run, only to return back and bury it. Their obsession with their water dishes = :banghead:

draiko

Arachnosquire
My spider cages has a grid like top. So when i refill their water bowls. I just sprayit in from the top. My 3" B Vagans always chases the spray. So i have to spray on the other side of the cage to get him away from the waterbowl. So funny

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My spider cages has a grid like top. So when i refill their water bowls. I just sprayit in from the top. My 3" B Vagans always chases the spray. So i have to spray on the other side of the cage to get him away from the waterbowl. So funny
Why do you spray your vagans at all?

Jeff23

Arachnolord
One of my Tapi Sp. Columbia jumps into the dirty water vial that I am trying to pull out of the enclosure.

Last edited:

mistertim

Arachnobaron
A couple.

One was my B. smithi literally trolling me with her water dish. She had never done this before but one day I checked on her and she had filled up her water dish all the way with sub. I replaced the water dish. The next day she had filled it half way with sub. I replaced it. The next day she filled it just a little with sub. I replaced it. The next day she had literally buried the entire water dish and was sitting right on top of where it had been. I could practically hear here saying "You mad, bro?"

Then my GBB. I got it as a .5 inch sling and was unboxing it and trying to get it into its enclosure. It darted out onto the back of my hand and gave me a threat posture. Just sat there for almost a minute like that and then calmly turned around and walked right into the enclosure. I guess it was just making sure I knew who the boss was?

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
My A. seemanni BURIED her water dish somewhere and I can't find it so I had to put a new one for her. She has a heavy-ish flat rock and a couple logs and she moved them around so that there's a round hole under the rock and logs that she's wedged herself into, and of course, she covered the entrance with substrate too. I guess it's not super funny but I find it quite interesting and is pretty much the funniest thing any of mine have done so far.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
My A. seemanni BURIED her water dish somewhere and I can't find it so I had to put a new one for her. She has a heavy-ish flat rock and a couple logs and she moved them around so that there's a round hole under the rock and logs that she's wedged herself into, and of course, she covered the entrance with substrate too. I guess it's not super funny but I find it quite interesting and is pretty much the funniest thing any of mine have done so far.
I think the way the water dishes disappear is funny. One of my M. robustum T's has several water dishes mixed into the substrate and I can't get them out because they are caught up in all of the web that holds the substrate together.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
My G. pulchripes sling marches around his substrate on the edges of the container holding his food every feeding. We have started calling it his "happy dance" Not sure how funny it is without seeing it, but I find it cute.