funnel web pics

Nathan1234

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Once they're settled in, what's their behavior like? Females or immatures, anyway.

I'm sure they're very defensive and dangerous, but we don't have a lack of that in our market. We can acquire animals that can kill us in a variety of ways just as effectively.
when there settled in, there just as defencive as when there not, they keep ya on ya toes lol,

ah ok, im a lil ignorant with wat is avalible in the market outside of aust, havnt done much in the way of looking at that, i just like looking at pics, and posting pics of my bugs on here, and seeing how everyone responds hehe :)

as i have said a few times now, i dont keep these amazing spiders because there dangerous, they are only a very small part of my invert collection ;)

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
when there settled in, there just as defencive as when there not, they keep ya on ya toes lol,

ah ok, im a lil ignorant with wat is avalible in the market outside of aust, havnt done much in the way of looking at that, i just like looking at pics, and posting pics of my bugs on here, and seeing how everyone responds hehe :)

as i have said a few times now, i dont keep these amazing spiders because there dangerous, they are only a very small part of my invert collection ;)
Well, you might not hear it much, but it's a nice spider. Always been a fan of non-Theraphosid mygalomorphs. It would be nice to have a larger variety over here.

I almost took the opportunity to get one of the Chinese Raveniola species when I was at a show but had to pass it up. Spending that much on an import is difficult, but I think I'd find a justification if Atrax or Hadronyche ever pops up on US pricelists.

Nathan1234

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, you might not hear it much, but it's a nice spider. Always been a fan of non-Theraphosid mygalomorphs. It would be nice to have a larger variety over here.

I almost took the opportunity to get one of the Chinese Raveniola species when I was at a show but had to pass it up. Spending that much on an import is difficult, but I think I'd find a justification if Atrax or Hadronyche ever pops up on US pricelists.
thanks mate :) yea i would LOVE one of those Raveniola sp, they look nice hehe, at the moment im trying to source some Missulena sp, mouse spiders, its the only other MAIN mygal group that i dont hav yet hehe, and lots a trappys, cant pass up a gd pet hole hehehe.

if a fw does come up in the US market i really hope its all for the right reasons and that they will be treated with the respect that they deserve, like all creepy crawlys hehehehe :)

Nathan1234

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You've got that right. It's just that I have a Chilobrachys fimbriatus and I'm trying to brush up on some information about OWs.
HA, NICE BUY, i must admit, i had no idea wat that was until i googled it (lol) soz but i really dont know that much about exotic inverts, i would say that Chilobrachys fimbriatus COULD be a lil defencive, i hav no idea about there venom or anythin like that, but they look nice :) old worlds are generally considered a lil more defencive and bite first and ask Qs later if ya get wat i mean

hope that helps
Nathan

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks mate :) yea i would LOVE one of those Raveniola sp, they look nice hehe, at the moment im trying to source some Missulena sp, mouse spiders, its the only other MAIN mygal group that i dont hav yet hehe, and lots a trappys, cant pass up a gd pet hole hehehe.

if a fw does come up in the US market i really hope its all for the right reasons and that they will be treated with the respect that they deserve, like all creepy crawlys hehehehe :)
Oh yeah, Raveniola spp. look crazy. Those spinnerets look like an extra pair of legs.

Have you managed to keep Cyrtaucheniids, wafer-lid trapdoors?

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
HA, NICE BUY, i must admit, i had no idea wat that was until i googled it (lol) soz but i really dont know that much about exotic inverts, i would say that Chilobrachys fimbriatus COULD be a lil defencive, i hav no idea about there venom or anythin like that, but they look nice :) old worlds are generally considered a lil more defencive and bite first and ask Qs later if ya get wat i mean

hope that helps
Nathan
It was actually a freebie. 1.50" legspan. i got it with my versi slings. anyways, thanks. it looks really awesome and it's crazy fast.

Alejandro45

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those are awsome spiders. there not illegal to keep in the US and there are some out there....

Dont be too phased by there danger... there very easy to keep and there not too fast. their is a antivenin bank here in South FL that carries the antidote and the arachnid to create the antidote.;)

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
their is a antivenin bank here in South FL that carries the antidote and the arachnid to create the antidote.;)
Which is great if you live in FL...I am in the habit of not working with anything where the antivenin requires a 1+ hour trip to get to me...LOL

They are stunning spiders, nonetheless...and that threat posture is straight from a movie poster.

SpiderGuy814

Arachnopeon
I'm visiting my mother In AZ and in one of their displays they have a spider its really small about the size of a black widow but its tan with brown on it...it makes really nice webs ( meaning it webs up a lot and you have to look really hard to see it) over it, it said it was a funnel web..Do these spiders come in other colors?...or did I just read the name wrong??