Fungus

magouilles

Arachnoknight
Does anyone know what kind of fungus this is and if it’s harmful for my ts? it seems to probably be because of humidity and improper ventilation (although they have cross ventilation and holes on top aswell,,,therefore maybe not enough holes im not sure? the substrate is only dampen since its a sling and it doesnt create much condensation either)
Also on the photos it’s like the white webbing looking fungus

Attachments

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
1. What tarantula is in it?
2. What’s the whole enclosure look like?

magouilles

Arachnoknight
1. What tarantula is in it?
2. What’s the whole enclosure look like?
it’s B.Emilia but I’ll change her substrate for sure because I thought the top holes would be enough to get rid of some of the humidity but nope not really

she’s got 7 holes of that size on two sides (like 7 holes each side)

Attachments

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
First, you don’t really have to change substrate, just let it dry over time. You can keep this tarantula dry. Just a water dish will do, without any misting.

Then, for the fungus issue you’ve mentioned, I would not really be bothered by it, but you can just spot clean it if you want to feel good about it.

magouilles

Arachnoknight
First, you don’t really have to change substrate, just let it dry over time. You can keep this tarantula dry. Just a water dish will do, without any misting.

Then, for the fungus issue you’ve mentioned, I would not really be bothered by it, but you can just spot clean it if you want to feel good about it.
ok because i don’t water a corner of her enclosure anymore or anything I’ve just filled her water dish once in a while without it dripping so it would hopefully dry out at some point ahah thanks alot🙂

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Does anyone know what kind of fungus this is and if it’s harmful for my ts? it seems to probably be because of humidity and improper ventilation (although they have cross ventilation and holes on top aswell,,,therefore maybe not enough holes im not sure? the substrate is only dampen since its a sling and it doesnt create much condensation either)
Also on the photos it’s like the white webbing looking fungus
I don't see anything, it would help if you circle what to look at.

Spot pick fungus out generally.

CheshireGleam

Arachnopeon
It looks like a bit of uneaten prey to me. If I forget to pick out a prekilled item especially in a more moist enclosure, it looks white and fuzzy just like that. Won't harm your tarantula as long as it doesn't build up and create an unfit environment.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
it’s quite small
I’m also sure it’s not webs since my t stays in her burrow all the time and there would be no reason to spin web around that piece of moss😕
Thanks- can’t tell, out of focus