Fungus on T. cupreus

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been in a bit of a battle with my T. cupreus' vial, and keeping it free of mold, and today I was actually going to rehouse the little guy into something with a little more ventilation, but when I went into check on them this morning I discovered that he had puffs of molt growing on three of his feet, one of which had attached to the side of his abdomen.

I usually check on my Ts every day and I don't remember seeing this, or signs of this before, so I don't know if it's something I just missed or if this sprung up over night, but I'm not really sure what to do. I've transferred him a mostly dry ICU, but I can't think of what else I could possibly do? He's not even a full inch.

I've done a little looking around on the boards and so far as I can tell when a T starts developing mold on itself, it's pretty much fatal. :( I don't want this to be the case, but I do fear that I will lose this little guy.

I can't provide y'all with a picture right now, but I'll try to have one up as soon as I can, tomorrow if possible.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't really say much for this, I hope they pull through. I would like to see pictures of him whenever you can, hopefully someone with more experience with this can chime in. I have never heard of this myself. Good luck.

nhaverland413

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hydrogen peroxide goes to town on molds, you might try swabbing with a small amount.

nhaverland413

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was thinking about that myself and frankly, having never tried it I cannot say. Perhaps someone else will have an answer for you, sorry.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would rather try something than have the fungus spread. Maybe a tiny bit of hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip or a gentle toe fungi treatment. Just be very careful to avoid the booklungs!

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I apologies for not being able to get back on sooner and update this. I don't actually have access to the internet at home right now, so I can't get on regularly. I unfortunately couldn't get any decent pictures either, and the fungus is starting to spread. :( so you think possibly using hydrogen proxide might help? I wonder what the effects would be on the spider of I did that, but it may be worth a try.

I've already taken him out of his original container and he is now in a small deli cup with no substrate in it, I thought that might hault the growth but it really hasn't. Perhaps I'll try the peroxide thing when I get home, and maybe it might help the little guy.

If anyone else has any opinions, please chime in!

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just thought I'd update this and let y'all know the little guy passed away. :(

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just thought I'd update this and let y'all know the little guy passed away. :(
Sorry for your loss, anything you know of that went wrong with not being able to get rid of the mold?

MrDusty

Arachnopeon
I'm very sorry for your loss...losing a T this way is pretty devastating, and I have a particular love for Tapinauchenius T's :(.