Fungus on scorpion’s tail?

Scorpionkid

Arachnosquire
So I got an Asian Forest Scorpion about a week ago, but when I got back from pet store I found out that it’s telson was dented. I was worried at first but it didn’t seem to be acting strange or hurt and wasn’t defensive at all and ate well. When I checked on him yesterday though, his tail was covered in dirt. I looked closer and found out that under the dirt on the under the dirt on the tail it was green and white. I contacted the pet store and they said it would be fine but I’m not sure. Any suggestions on what to do?

Attachments

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
That looks like fecal matter dried with substrate. Maybe offer the scorpion a deeper water dish to bath in. I am not sure if a small wet brush can clean it or not.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
But I wouldn't rule out a fungus. If it is a fungus I am not sure how to treat it maybe someone else will chime in.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So I got an Asian Forest Scorpion about a week ago, but when I got back from pet store I found out that it’s telson was dented. I was worried at first but it didn’t seem to be acting strange or hurt and wasn’t defensive at all and ate well. When I checked on him yesterday though, his tail was covered in dirt. I looked closer and found out that under the dirt on the under the dirt on the tail it was green and white. I contacted the pet store and they said it would be fine but I’m not sure. Any suggestions on what to do?
It looks like dried fecal matter mixed with substrate. Try cleaning it off with a moist and soft paint brush.

Scorpionkid

Arachnosquire
Ok, thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it. I woke up a day ago and found him dead. I tried the bigger water dish and he just stayed away from it. Thanks anyway

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Sorry about your loss. If purchased from a local pet store I always give the animal a look over prior to purchase in case visible injury or illness. You can't trust local pet stores to know if they have an injured or sick animal. If it was mail ordered, I can't thing of a logical reason why the dealer missed that. ;)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Ok, thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it. I woke up a day ago and found him dead. I tried the bigger water dish and he just stayed away from it. Thanks anyway
Could be any number of reasons for that.

I would say for your next purchase use one of the top rated vendors here on Arachnoboards.

Scorpionkid

Arachnosquire
Ok thanks, I bought him from Off The Hook Exotics, which is a really great store. I was able to replace him, and now I have a healthy, active one. thanks for the help!

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
what a shame he died. It looked like dried fecal matter on his tail and he looked healthy but when you mentioned "pet store" I had that sinking feeling... he probably had a fungal infection and most probably wild caught. Hope that pet shop reimburses you, a pet purchased from them should last longer than a week!!! :(