Fungi in my tank?

Elska

Arachnopeon
Hi everybody. Lately I saw that in my giant millipede tank has grown up this type of fungus. I think it's a leucocoprinus birnbaumi as I checked online but I'm not quite sure.
I read it's poisonous to humans but I'm not sure is the same for millipedes. Do you suggest to remove them or are they harmless for my pet? Thank you!

Attachments

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I'd say I agree with your ID. If you want to get rid of it, taking out the mushroom is basically irrelevant, since the mycelia will still be in the substrare to fruit again. I'd recommend replacing the substrate and sterilizing the container if you can. I sort of doubt you'll have an issue, but basically I agree with mori

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Mushroom ID is notoriously difficult. I would assume bad and remove.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Remove.
I don't have an id for you but if you don't want mushrooms pull them.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Fungi found in millipede enclosures tend to be harmless to the inhabitants, though with species that are potentially harmful to humans I would attempt removal of the fruiting body and the mycelia if possible.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
but if you don't want mushrooms pull them.
Right. That will get rid of the little monster.
Working at the LA County arboretum. A honey fungus was killing the native oak trees. Experts got in on things and found the culprit: they were watering the oak trees which primarily benefited the fungus. Then they did some testings and tried out some DNA research. Discovered the fungi out by Riverside was the same fungi as that found at Santa Anita botanical. Worlds largest single organism with the mycelium a little over 26 miles across.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Right. That will get rid of the little monster.
Working at the LA County arboretum. A honey fungus was killing the native oak trees. Experts got in on things and found the culprit: they were watering the oak trees which primarily benefited the fungus. Then they did some testings and tried out some DNA research. Discovered the fungi out by Riverside was the same fungi as that found at Santa Anita botanical. Worlds largest single organism with the mycelium a little over 26 miles across.
Mycelium will persist.
But a mushroom dropping spores in a closed container can make quite the mess.
You are trying too hard, dude.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
I have mushrooms popping up every once in a while in almost every single one of my isopod bins. The isopods dont care so i dont rlly care that theyre there n i dont remember what kind they were but be careful the spores dont spread to other enclosures if you dont want them there because thats what happened to me lol

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Taking the mushroom won't do nothing, since they are the fruit of the mycelium that lives in the substrate.

They are harmless. From time to time they will appear, in my case, after a big storm and if the substrate is moist.

IMG_20200524_044601.jpg
Screenshot_20200524-055627.jpg

Garnet3942

Arachnosquire
Hi everybody. Lately I saw that in my giant millipede tank has grown up this type of fungus. I think it's a leucocoprinus birnbaumi as I checked online but I'm not quite sure.
I read it's poisonous to humans but I'm not sure is the same for millipedes. Do you suggest to remove them or are they harmless for my pet? Thank you!
I would get rid of it especially if it has the possibility of hurting you I'm not a mushroom/fungus expert but I would still remove it.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Hand removing before they actually drop spores will definitely keep it to a more manageable level in my experience, all my enclosures will grow shrooms during our summer rain season, the more I remove and the quicker I remove them, it seems the less I get, if I leave them be then mycelium takes over the substrate and I have to rehouse.
A decent colony of springtails will aid in keeping future mycelium growth in check too