Fun Surprise

zukebub

Arachnopeon
So I've been feeding my L. parahybana, Kumonga, an army of mealworms this week. Ever since he discovered the feeding dish he likes to hang out there so it always looks like he's waiting for a new one. He also has a great sense of hearing/touch because he comes out of his burrow in record times if I drop one in the dish.
Anyway, I have a feeding dish in there because my Barron's T book says they can't find mealworms once the beetles start digging in the substrate. SO naturally I accidentally drop a worm in the substrate today and it digs its way down on the double.
Later on Kumonga is sitting there with its lunch in its chelicerae and suddenly drops it all and DIVES into the substrate and comes up with the missing mealworm! He might be blind as a bat in daytime but he certainly knows how get the drop on some poor beetles.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
I've lost super worms a few times before and came back several days later to a huge pit in the enclosure, and a slightly fatter t

zukebub

Arachnopeon
That's an amazing story. Life (or death in this case) finds a way!
It might be that this is a common occurrence and passe, but I'm still pretty impressed.