Fun and games.

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My 2 Usambara Orange baboons arrived this morning,the first one transfered to it new home without a hitch.

The second one was a different story,as soon as the lid was off the cup it (since named speedy) came in, it was off across the table like greased lightning. I didnt know anything could move as quick.

Anyway after about 15-20mins crawling about trying to recapture it with a cup and piece of card, It kept going in the cup and shooting straight back out again I managed to contain it.
Was I glad when I finally got the lid on

The best thing is when they arrived they were a lot bigger than I was led to believe so the new homes I set up are a bit small and I will have to get something bigger tomorrow. I hope I dont have to go through the escaped spider routine again.

Chid

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol... I know what you mean! The day I got my Usambara.. I did not know shiznit about it.. I opened the container... THERE IT GOES! It ran out up the wall to to the curtains almost to the ceiling.. We had to take down the curtains to get it... That was hard! Then once I caught it in the cup.. she jumped out and ran all over the ground.. She was a tough one.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow.. I guess I got lucky. When I got my usumbara, she was too shy to just dart out of the deli cup.. in fact it took her about 5 minutes to crawl out once I opened the deli cup lid and put the lid on the tank. My H. Lividium, different story-she almost made it out of the tank.. that's a fast spider. I have a pretty calm usumbara, no issues at all with her. =D