Frustrating feeding

Faing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Why am I writing when I need to study for exams?{D

My hog island boa eats well, don't get me wrong, but she's kind of schizo eating sometimes. We play the "lets get the rat to move" for a few minutes usually before she'll take the F/T. Sometimes her feeding reaction is aggressive (for lack of a better word). When that doesn't work only 1/10 of the time after she won't take the moving rat I'll leave it in her cage for a few hours and occasionally (not always) she'll take it. Any body else's boa like this?

May be a minute change in temp (by about the occasional 2 degrees at most-it's pretty regulated generally) but she's healthy, does eat well despite the occasional "I bite you hand off" or "heh, encourage me more" attitude. You only have to look at her to now that :D Speaking of which, I have not taken any recent pics of her. She's about 5' I'd guess

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why am I writing when I need to study for exams?{D

My hog island boa eats well, don't get me wrong, but she's kind of schizo eating sometimes. We play the "lets get the rat to move" for a few minutes usually before she'll take the F/T. Sometimes her feeding reaction is aggressive (for lack of a better word). When that doesn't work only 1/10 of the time after she won't take the moving rat I'll leave it in her cage for a few hours and occasionally (not always) she'll take it. Any body else's boa like this?

May be a minute change in temp (by about the occasional 2 degrees at most-it's pretty regulated generally) but she's healthy, does eat well despite the occasional "I bite you hand off" or "heh, encourage me more" attitude. You only have to look at her to now that :D Speaking of which, I have not taken any recent pics of her. She's about 5' I'd guess
Well I do not have a clue,i do not or ever kept boas,but I am sure it will right
Sometimes my pythons act funny this away,in the end they always eat........

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That sounds pretty normal to me. With frozen thawed, which I whole-heartedly recommend, the responses differ from time to time. And its perfectly ok to leave the F/T feeder in the cage for a while til they eat it. My Leioheterodon and Agkistrodons do the same thing everytime. Tease feeding them only elicits a defensive response to the stimuli and causes them to strike, but not eat the prey item. So I toss them in their own sterilites and give them a feeder and walk away. After no more than 4-6hrs of solitude with the prey item, they always eat it. So anyway, don't be too worried about it! Hope it helps.