Frozen????

baker

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone i'm hoping someone can help... we just received our shipment of T's and they appear to be frozen . None of them are moving and all their legs are curled under them. So is there a chance that they will thaw? Help our babies are not looking good....:(

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Things don't sound good if they're legs are curled under them unfortunately. How big are they? What you want to do is get them warm. I'm not sure what containers they're in so I can't tell you how to go about it. If they're in vials, you might want to place them in a pan with a small amount of warm water. If they're in deli cups, you may just want to place them near a heat source, although you could probably use the warm water method as well. After that, I would contact the person who shipped them to you and inform them of the situation. Hopefully they have a D.O.A. policy.

Sorry to hear about your T's....

Scott

baker

Arachnopeon
All but one came back

Hello again, okay some good news and bad... all of our little ones came back to the world of the living other than our usumbara. He is unfortanetly dead i think.. They are all only about 1/4 of an inch other than the malaysian earth tiger. Thanks for the advice

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Put them in small containers with high humidity and keep them at around 83F for the next 24 hours or so... I brought back a lot of spiders this way

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
shipping woes

everytime I see a post like this I wonder a few things...
were there heat packs in the packing if not why and where do you live IE. if the dealer knows your in live in a cold ass state /town then why didnt they refuse to ship?
and two where did you get them from ...
I guess since your from canada it doesnt really matter to me who you got them from I just thinkg unless the carrier f*&ked up that other canadians would want to know...

Looseyfur.

Last edited:

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I suspect this was the box I shipped out yesterday... yes there was a heat pack in it and it was packed in styrofoam and large wads of paper towel.. but even this cannot compete with with a courier leaving stuff in a frozen truck all night.

I am glad to hear the others survived... let me know if the usambara comes back to life... if not I will work something out with yuz

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
9 time out of ten

and chris is living proof then that 9 times out of 10 its the lame ass courier.

rock on sorry you lost the usambara.

looseyfur

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
at least this time it wasnt a 100 dollar blue fang :mad:

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: All but one came back

Originally posted by baker
Hello again, okay some good news and bad... all of our little ones came back to the world of the living other than our usumbara. He is unfortanetly dead i think.. They are all only about 1/4 of an inch other than the malaysian earth tiger. Thanks for the advice
Hey Baker, nice to see another Kamloopsian on the board.

Sorry about your Usumbara. How big is your Malaysian Earth TIger? I got on from Jungle PEt the other day.

baker

Arachnopeon
Packaged Perfectly

Hey everyone, yes Chris they were from you and yes they were packed awesome. Like you said the courier probably left them in the cold overnight. We are very happy with all our new little ones, they are eating and quite content. We tried a few different things with Uzi(usumbara) but nothing yet. We will try and keep warming as you suggested Chris, hopefully this works. Thanks again for the new arrivals and we will keep you posted on Uzi.

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Knackebrod country

Hi

Well,, Mr T,,it's a comment from knackebrod country people I guess.:)

Cereal-place = USA.

Just me guessing though..:D

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A while ago someone (probably Vys) mentioned (in the watering hole) he thought kamloops sounded like some sort of cereal, guess that's the connexion...