Frothy substance in S. subspinipes enclosure

Sir Cheezburger

Arachnopeon
When I looked into my 7" S. subspinipes tank tonight, I noticed he wasn't moving when he is usually quite active at this time. Moving the cage only produces slight movement, but I don't want to disturb it if it's molting.
I also noticed a small ball of a bubbly substance about an inch away, that i've never seen before. He refused food last time I tried to feed and he hasn't molted since I got him last winter. Is he molting now or preparing to molt and should I mist his tank to increase humidity? Thanks.

20170614_004840.jpg

kermitdsk

Arachnosquire
Hi, sounds not good to me... The substrate looks too dry! Has it water? Scolopendra dehaani doesn't like it too dry.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Not a clue what's going on but pedes need damp substrate. I keep my pedes more moist than damp. They can desiccate and die without enough moisture/humidity.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
Agreed, too dry. At this point I would suggest just carefully dumping water into the substrate away from the pede (quite a bit too). Misting the pede directly will upset it. If it is molting you don't want to disturb it. If it has a screen lid you should get a lid that doesn't breath as much. I use plexiglass cut to fit and drill the holes custom (not very many) because I live in an arid climate.