Frogs are addicting...

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Seriously, here's my new Rhacophorus reinwardtii, and I don't think it will be long before I get more of them.

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats a wonderfull frog!!! just a quicky...are you a proffecinal photographer??? or are you realy realy rich to own a aweosme auto focusing camera?;P

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
wow that is an awesome looking frog. i've thought about getting some before, but i don't really know much about them. very tempting to start learning though!

edit...how do the pads on their feet compare to a tarantulas?

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BEAUTIFUL FROG!!!! i know this is gonna be a dumb question...what is the common name on these?

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, that is the cutest frog ever! I had never really thought about getting a frog but this one has changed my mind! Very nice pics!

Jen

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ever since I got my little ADFs... no comparison to this, I know... and then my bullfrog tad (that morphed and "played too hard" with my cat :( ), I have been hooked on frogs.

This is a beautiful frog!! I love the blue on his middle digits on his feet, and the orange toe pads and those eyes... I feel the familiar "twinge" ...y'know the one.........

I NEED another pet "twinge"!

...this place is dangerous :embarrassed:

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL, It looks soo happy.
I just got a tomato frog, free with a faunarium, exo- terra tank, lol
So inadvertantly my amphibian collection grows. Iv wanted tree frogs for a while but compared to what i have theyr alot more delicate.

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
thats a wonderfull frog!!! just a quicky...are you a proffecinal photographer??? or are you realy realy rich to own a aweosme auto focusing camera?;P
Well, I'm not really rich, that's actually a 4 year old Canon EOS 300D, I do admit there's a $380 60mm macro lens on it though. I have sold some stuff too, that's actually one of the reasons I got this species, I wanted a really nice portrait frog, the African Bullfrog is awesome, but just not quite as photogenic. I'm actually in the process of setting up a website for photo sales as well, thanks for the compliment.

how do the pads on their feet compare to a tarantulas?
I'd say the pads are somewhere between tarantulas and geckos in terms of adhesion, he can easily climb glass and even grip and climb a wire, but can't really climb on the vented lid of his tank because of the lack of surface area. On the other hand, the jumping ability and accuracy is amazing. Another cool thing, when they catch prey, they don't do it just with their head like lizards, the frog will actually grab a cricket with it's front legs, then stuff it into the mouth.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wow, never really thought about frogs - but that one is amazing. are they difficult to take care of?

Frogsarethapoop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sweet frog! I have over 100 amphibians, and I can't say that I have one of those. What kind of camera are you using? I have an $800 digital Sony camera and it is a piece of junk.