Froggy help?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
What do you mean by tank mate? Do you mean another vertebrate? If so, the answer is none, don't mix species of animals.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
Like @moricollins said you shoudnt mix species because it’ll most likely end up with them fighting and having to be separated. In the wild they have tons of space to get away from each other and have their own space and lil niche, but in this situation in an enclosure if theyore forced to share their space with another species they’ll likely both get stressed, defensive and/or territorial towards each other. If you want something else in there just stick with isopods since they dont pose a threat to the frog.

perryny

Arachnopeon
I agree with the advice above. I would not recommend mixing species. It's a risk I will never take again.

But when I was younger and a little more ignorant than I am now, I got lucky, and these little buddies were fast friends for 5 years before little Lenard (the tree frog) passed from natural causes.

20170926_160855.jpg

Finn-n-Len.jpg

MantisGirl13

Arachnosquire
I have my grey tree frog in with my three green anoles. They get along fine, since the frog is nocturnal and the anoles are diurnal and they are never awake at the same time.
I keep a close eye on them though, because I know that mixing species is generally not recommended. So far, they've been in together for about three or four months, and I've had no problems.
- MantisGirl13

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree with the advice above. I would not recommend mixing species. It's a risk I will never take again.

But when I was younger and a little more ignorant than I am now, I got lucky, and these little buddies were fast friends for 5 years before little Lenard (the tree frog) passed from natural causes.

View attachment 344622

View attachment 344623
I love Panthers, and frogs.

Man, I've had veileds. I know they eat insects, but I'm surprised Lenard wasn't dinner at one point.

perryny

Arachnopeon
Well, actually... Lenard's first roommate was a veiled named Basil.

IMG_1052.jpg

basilNlenard.jpg

Last edited: