User Frogdaddy's Tarantulas: A Love Story

Baby T

Arachnoknight
No way! Still no molt? Mine buried itself again on Sunday. See ya in a couple of months. Write when you're hungry for a cricket. Lol
Nope. It blocked off its burrow about 2 months ago now. It's made a good tunnel that I can clearly see into which is helpful!!
Just have to wait it out I suppose 😒
The weather has been really up and down here. One minute we have a two day heatwave and the next it's frost over night! Could contribute to a slow molt I guess...

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Nope. It blocked off its burrow about 2 months ago now. It's made a good tunnel that I can clearly see into which is helpful!!
Just have to wait it out I suppose 😒
The weather has been really up and down here. One minute we have a two day heatwave and the next it's frost over night! Could contribute to a slow molt I guess...
Yep the waiting game begins. My Grammostola pulchra is playing this game with me. It's been buried since March 16 so we're approaching two months.
I think its always a little less stressful when we can see into a T's burrow and see that they are ok while in the long pre molt period.
The weather has been crazy here as well. I'll get a couple of days around 80F (26C) and then a couple of days around 50F (10C). It will stabilize pretty soon and I can put the space heater away for the summer.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Well here she is. Suspect female Phormictopus sp. Dominican Purple.
I've named this one The Spider Formerly Known As Prince.
20210506_114928.jpg 20210506_115515.jpg
As you can see she was anxious to get out of her enclosure from go, so that's all the photos I got for now.
I'll let her settle in for a bit before attempting more. Interesting that it's a deep dark color. Was expecting a blue sling.
Edit: Another photo. Definitely can see a purple sheen in the right light. I can't wait to grow this beast up.
20210506_132136.jpg

Last edited:

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
New arrivals!! It took them an extra day to get here, but worth the wait.
Xenesthis intermedia
20210513_114927.jpg

Pamphobeteus insignis Colombia
20210513_121640.jpg

Phormictopus auratus
20210513_121035.jpg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Congrats on the new additions!!

Little Ceasers Pizza
Hmm not sure that’s really pizza :troll:
I named it Inmate #76932 because I repurposed an old container and that's what was written on the top.
I think I’ve seen mention to this before, but I love the name!’
It's a good thing I'm not in charge of social media for some large corporation. I would be fired for never posting.
Um yeah so about that....,,I am in charge of the social media (Instagram and Twitter) for a card game company I am apart of, but we’re all working for free, but boy do I suck at social media :cool::rofl:
Luckily i am doing a better job that my brother the owner would so he’s happy with even my feeble attempts. But I think it’s pretty good I’ve gotten 570 followers on IG in approx 8mo or so, so not horrible I guess? But I always forget to post regularly...Twitter though I am atrocious at though.....😅

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Congrats on the new additions!!

Hmm not sure that’s really pizza :troll:

I think I’ve seen mention to this before, but I love the name!’

Um yeah so about that....,,I am in charge of the social media (Instagram and Twitter) for a card game company I am apart of, but we’re all working for free, but boy do I suck at social media :cool::rofl:
Luckily i am doing a better job that my brother the owner would so he’s happy with even my feeble attempts. But I think it’s pretty good I’ve gotten 570 followers on IG in approx 8mo or so, so not horrible I guess? But I always forget to post regularly...Twitter though I am atrocious at though.....😅
Thank you buddy. I've been wanting to add these species to my collection for quite some time.
I agree Little Ceasers is not really pizza. I grew up in the Chicago area and I miss good pizza. But Little Ceasers does have sling enclosures for me lol.
Thank you now I don't feel as bad about not posting photos so often. I know it seems like I'm always posting the same spiders too. Because they are out. Super hard to photograph spiders underground :rofl:

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Wow what an awesome haul!! Gorgeous spoods, all of them.

Some big booty's going on there already! 😂

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
But Little Ceasers does have sling enclosures for me lol.
They do look like a great size! I will give you that!!
Thank you now I don't feel as bad about not posting photos so often. I know it seems like I'm always posting the same spiders too. Because they are out. Super hard to photograph spiders underground
Haha you saying that reminded me I should probably make a post on IG. Yeah I’m in the same boat I always forget to post pictures on here, or really anywhere for that matter. No harm no foul!

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Wow what an awesome haul!! Gorgeous spoods, all of them.

Some big booty's going on there already! 😂
That Xenesthis does have a fat booty for sure. It kicked hairs at me as I was unpacking and rehousing it. Gonna be a little bugger for sure.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
That Xenesthis does have a fat booty for sure. It kicked hairs at me as I was unpacking and rehousing it. Gonna be a little bugger for sure.
Punchy attitude already! I like it!

I love the Prince sling too! Ahem, or should I say, the artist!

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Harpactira pulchripes
20210517_090228_HDR.jpg

Chromatopelma cyanopubescens taking a drink. Sorry I took the photo through the enclosure, didn't want to disturb her. This one will molt soon.
20210518_223931.jpg 20210518_223931.jpg

I'm excited for tomorrow morning. I just noticed my Phormictopus sp. Dominican Purple is molting.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
@Baby T. El Chapo molted last week. He/she is a solid 3"now. I moved it into a new enclosure today. Now it's time for a little T. vagans booty.
20210531_115630.jpg 20210531_115640.jpg 20210531_115647.jpg 20210531_115654.jpg

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Finally!!! After 50 days in the hole, El Chapo my T. vagans has finally decided to unseal it's burrow and come out. Of course as soon as I opened it's enclosure to take a picture it dashed down it's burrow. But it looked beautiful. Love that black and red color scheme. That's a good looking spider booty.
View attachment 368850

Here is Septimus the Acanthoscurria geniculata. If you look close you can see the start of the white stripes on it's legs.
View attachment 368851
50 days? Pfft, my male hid in his burrow for like 5 months and molted twice coming out close to 4 times his former size.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I know 50 days isn't that long. But it was also 3 days after I received it.
Ah, hilarious how they are like, “Oh this is such a nice enclosure, thank you now I’m gonna disappear for months at a time and not let you see me.”