Frog Question

iucandi

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone. Thanks for checking out my question. It might be really simple but I just got into this whole frog thing and have caught the "frog addiction" already, haha. I have two L. caerulea (white's tree frog) and I think I want to add a Fire Bellied Toad to the tank. I wanted to do some research on it before I just went off and bought one without knowing the specifics...this is where you come in :) Because Fire Bellied Toads are poisonous, would that harm my L. caeruleas? Or are there any other reasons why it isn't a good decision to keep these froggies together?

thanks all

:confused: :p :confused:

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Generally itis best to keep species separate. firebellies are easily housed and I can almost guarantee if you get one you will be getting more of them.. I would just take the time and make a nice tank for the firebellies specificaly and then get a few of them.

iucandi

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I went to PetCo earlier today and decided that first I need to gain more frog experience. I never liked frogs growing up, I thought they were gross but yesterday, when I saw these two baby frogs I just couldn't stop about thinking how cute they are. Anyways, thanks for the advice :D

Generally itis best to keep species separate. firebellies are easily housed and I can almost guarantee if you get one you will be getting more of them.. I would just take the time and make a nice tank for the firebellies specificaly and then get a few of them.

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea would be much better to house them seperatly, they are poisinous to other toads, and can make the water slightly toxic, so def house seperatly!

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
EDIT:

Woops, made the mistake of answering my girlfriends question. I think I will opt to just turn my head to the side and answer this one verbally.