Frog died

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Today our frog died. I take complete responsibility for this death but I will explain my case. About a year ago my sister decided to start a science project and the science project was raising tadpoles to frogs. All but 1 tadpole survived and of course I somehow was assigned the task of raising the froglet. They did not know the specie so I really was in the dark. My setup was moist cocofiber a giant water bowl in the middle a piece of cork bark and a fake plant. The frog was thriving until today. It was dry yet there was water in the water dish. I definitely should of done more research. So I will definitely learn from this mistake. I feel terrible that I didn’t give this animal the care it deserved and will definitely not attempt frogs again for a while and stick with tarantulas.
this was the setup AAEB52D0-7F0C-4690-886B-FFE111DE75F7.jpeg

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Start with the species of the frog and it's average life span. No sense in searching the old trunk in the cellar for monsters when there may be a dozen elephants in the room.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Start with the species of the frog and it's average life span. No sense in searching the old trunk in the cellar for monsters when there may be a dozen elephants in the room.
I didn’t know the specie. I asked them and they didn’t know. I tried to find the specie and my guess was it was a Lithobates clamitans but I was still unsure.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Btw the science project was for her students. She is a tutor.
Here is a picture 21DA2F92-5866-44A4-9017-58B668858B0C.jpeg

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
It’s hard to tell without seeing the side profile but it’s likely lithobates catesbeianus which like clamitans is highly aquatic. (Clamitans has a pronounced ridge across the sides of the body starting above the tympanum) There are many possibilities as to what went wrong but husbandry wise they need a large body of water and plenty of room to leap about. They don’t make a great choice for a captive and there are better options out there. At least you tried though, which is more than many people do so don’t be too hard on yourself.