Friendliest Tarantula

Zeus9699

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Friendliest tarantulas

In my opinion, and I have owned thousands of tarantulas, the Chaco Golden Knees and the Rose tarantulas are the most docile tarantulas for beginners. I have never heard of either of these being aggressive.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brachypelma albopilosum

The friendliest is also one of the ugliest, Brachypelma albopilosum. I trust handling curly hairs more than any other species.

In general Grammostola and Brachypelma are good genera.

troglodyte

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love G. aureostriatas. My MM is as gentle as a lamb. I can poke him and prod him and stuff him in cups (when cleaning) and he's never so much as flicked a hair at me. The P. cancerides is another story.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
You do realize just how old this thread actually is, don't you?

super-pede

Arachnobaron
Thread revival...............and now it's dead again.

I don't think Lorgakor,Scott C.,or mushroom spore are even around these boards any more.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thread revival...............and now it's dead again.

I don't think Lorgakor,Scott C.,or mushroom spore are even around these boards any more.
Lorgakor, is our admin in the candian forums.... she is still on the boards!!!

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My male Brachypelma Albiceps was the friendliest/docile/calm/awesome tarantula I ever owned.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey all, and yet another addition to this arachno-pleistocenic thread. My most laid back/friendly now would be a close toss-up between my male pulchra "Scotty" and female B emelia "Amelia". Those two are the epitome of serene. Btw, she's got a huge butt now :eek::embarrassed:. It's diet-time {D.

Terry

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have all of the above mentioned, and agree...but I have a little Aphonopelma hentzi that is by far the sweetest little T I have. She walks over to me when I open her enclosure, and most times seems to want to be held, although I realize I'm probably imagining it. When I gathered her from the wild, same story. She willingly walked right up onto my hand.
She was probably just looking for a soft spot to bite....LOL:D

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A. hentzi is very docile.
until you deal with some Louisiana hentzi. Smaller juvies are often fairly docile. 50/50 chance of subadults being slappy to near 100% for mm when found out for a stroll- as they nearly always are.

Terry

FireGuyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My

Aphonopelma seemanni
Phormictopus cancerides
Brachypelma vagans
Pamphobeteus nigricolor
Psalmopoeus cambridgei

are all very docile.

Last edited:

super-pede

Arachnobaron
That bright orange tarantula that has lot's of webbing in the enclosure just loves to be handled.