Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Friendliest Tarantula

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by page, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Pociemon

Pociemon Arachnoangel Old Timer

Advertisement
    my subadult 0.1 poecilotheria metallica is by far my friendliest T i have atm, but otherwise i go with g pulchra.

2. brian abrams

brian abrams Arachnosquire

Most docile T

Just to name a handful: B Smithi, Chaco, Curly-Hair, B Emelia, Avic Avic, G Pulchra.

3. PhobeToPhile

PhobeToPhile Arachnoknight

Pede, I do believe we call them orange BITEY things for a reason ;).

4. spyd3r1

spyd3r1 Arachnopeon

Yea this one i have was WC in alexandria, louisiana.

5. Great!..... and you lucked up on one of the more docile indivs.

6. fretman08

fretman08 Arachnosquire

Pinktoe all the way

7. gvfarns

gvfarns Arachnoprince Old Timer

If you don't mind getting shot with poo. :)

Actually pinktoes also have the problem that they can move fast and can jump, which freaks people out. Not that this means they are not "friendly" but they do require a more vigilant eye when handling in my experience. Most terrestrial T's just sit there and do nothing.

8. My vote would be for a B. smithi. For a first timer, a desert species that can thrive in normal room conditions, as opposed to Avic's who need the high humidity. Not to mention their USUALLY slow as molasses! I own a B. boehmei but he will flick hairs if bothered, but I've heard B. smithi's are even calmer.I don't handle any of my T's(10 and counting)though,so can't really help there.Best of luck!

9. jb62

jb62 Arachnosquire

what age was the albop when you started to handle?.
    and do they change personalities with each moult?.
    Do you just let them walk on to you?.

10. J.huff23

J.huff23 Arachnoking Old Timer

Hmmm...I think my 4" versicolor might be my friendliest 'adult'. Most of my slings are friendly because they ae still little...give it another year, lol.

11. Friendly T's

I'll go w/ Curlyhair momma, and my "New River" F :)

12. Despite the age of the thread, E. campestratus comes to mind......along with about half the Brachys.

In the non-Pet Rock category (in otherwords, they actually do something besides sit on your hand), Rosies are nice!!! So is G. pulchripes.

Remember, that temperament completely depends on the individual specimen. Supposedly P. cambridgei is the calmest of all the Psalmos. However, I've had Baboons that were better tempered than my Desirae!!!

In my collection, the friendliest ones are my Avics!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Lucara

Lucara Arachnolord

My friendliest T would have to be my A. geniculata female. :)

14. GartenSpinnen

GartenSpinnen Arachnoprince Old Timer

I have had my G. pulchripes/aueriostriata for almost seven years now, and I would have to say overall she can at times be rather unpredictable. In comparison to G. rosea that I have kept, she is much more prone to her little 'outbursts' at times. It is more like a hunger type of thing, but still I can see how some would misinterpret it as defensive gestures or what not. She especially hates paintbrushes as well... seeking to destroy all those she encounters. I have seen her do back flips trying to take out a paintbrush during rehousing. I had to switch to a pencil.

15. brian abrams

B Albo

Some of my B Albo "slings' are now 4" or so, and I have yet to have had a defensive pose. They are truly among the most docile of Tarantulas.

16. jb62

jb62 Arachnosquire

what size do they grow to? how many turn aggressive ?

17. PhobeToPhile

PhobeToPhile Arachnoknight

Okay, just use the search function, preferably in the questions and discussions forum. Look for the little bit of text that says "search this forum", then just type in G. pulchra. It actually saves you time, since you get the answer almost instantly compared to not knowing how long you have to wait for a reply. If you cannot find, then ask. It's more effiveint that way.

Considering this board has been around for some time, with most species you should be able to find infromation on their general temperment. The fact that it is a Grammstola, however, should tell you something about what to expect in the temperment department.

18. Falk

Falk Arachnodemon

Eupalaestrus campestratus, Brachypelma albopilosum, Euathlus sp. red/yellow/flame ect

19. brian abrams

G Pulchra

Wow, that's a nice Pulchra you have. Cant wait till mine are that size!

20. pede2

pede2 Arachnopeon

Brachypelma albipilosum..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.