Friend Going To Peru

T

Tarantula

How hard would it be for my friend who is going to Peru for a week to sneak some tarantulas back to Canada for me?

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

lol, yeah right, i hope he enjoys jail i could'nt imagine how crappy a peruvian jail would be, after all really its not worth it anyhow, just makes the rest of the hobby look bad because of one persons very stupid screwup.--Jeff

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a more sugar coated version would be:

dont risk it...not worth it.

impossible

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sugar-free reply

Originally posted by Tarantula
How hard would it be for my friend who is going to Peru for a week to sneak some tarantulas back to Canada for me?
Jacen,
What makes you think anyone here would know the answer to that? It's not in the best interest of the hobby to just spread talk of illegal invert smuggling methods or any other irresponsible hobby propaganda. If you're friend is really that stupid (obvious) let him keep his ridiculous ideas to himself. Besides, there'
s talk of Peru opening it's borders for exportation of limited numbers of inverts soon.

Funny, we were just talking in last weeks chat about how much damage one selfish jackass can do to an already ill-received hobby.

Atrax

T

Tarantula

I didnt think it would be possible. I wasnt sure of the legalities of it and such. I have never really delved into that sort of thing. And Atrax, please refer to Jacen when he makes posts not to me. I know why you have a beef with him but leave me out of it.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The day you actually become another person outside of your own mind, is the day I'll play your game with you. Until then, you are who you are.

Atrax

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

yeah i agree with you attrax, thats is weird about talking about in chat! hey JACEN why did you change your username get sick of people picking on you or something?just curious i was gonna ask you last time you were in chat never got to it though, but try to imagine how much damge would be done to the hobby if people thought it was okay to smuggle t's into the country(taken that some are, but i beleave in most cases thats saves the species from extiction,poecilotheria sp.), would just give the animal police people another exscuse to ban them--Jeff

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just tell your friend to put on some kind of condom for butt hole before he goes to Peru. He will need it when he goes to prison there.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
Just tell your friend to put on some kind of condom for butt hole before he goes to Peru. He will need it when he goes to prison there.
How do you know iam? ;)

Ðennis

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula
You're game dude. There's enough Peruvian T's on the market already without you organising to smuggle some. Why don't you just fork out some cash and buy some instead of stealing from the wildlife? You're the worst kind of keeper for the hobby, good on you pal, it's people like you who give animal rights groups good reason to legislate against keeping T's altogether. You know there's actually people in this hobby who look out for posts just like this one, so they can investigate smugglers/suspected smugglers. I know this. If you're doing this as a joke, well, this one could jump back and bite you on the @ss. Now how smart is that?

Steve

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Preface:

Please understand I am not attempting to cause controvery. This is an honest question from an honest person....neither is it an hypothetical.

Question:

I have given some Brachypelma and Grammastola sp. Ts to a freind of my child's. He is an American citizen who's family is in Nicaragua. Because of family situation, he is going back to Nicaragua this spring and is not sure he will be returning. Is it legal for him to take his T's with him? AND if he doesn't end up staying, can he bring his Pet Ts back to America? Does he need import papers yadayadayada?

Kelly O
"There are no stupid questins...just stupid people"

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by Nemesis
Preface:

Please understand I am not attempting to cause controvery. This is an honest question from an honest person....neither is it an hypothetical.

Question:

I have given some Brachypelma and Grammastola sp. Ts to a freind of my child's. He is an American citizen who's family is in Nicaragua. Because of family situation, he is going back to Nicaragua this spring and is not sure he will be returning. Is it legal for him to take his T's with him? AND if he doesn't end up staying, can he bring his Pet Ts back to America? Does he need import papers yadayadayada?

Kelly O
"There are no stupid questins...just stupid people"
Hey Kelly,

I'm pretty sure that there would be a problem with the Brachypelma species. All T's from that genus are on CITES and you need paperwork allowing them in or out of the country. You might want to contact US F&W and see if they have any further information for you.

Scott

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't even gather "bugs" from my yard. Though I would love to grab a few opf the matise now and then. I don't.
They're there for a reason and so are wild T's.
Yes if they weren't caught and gathered in the first place there wouldn't be captive bred T's.
But with the Number of captive breds out there of so many species. Including peruvian ones. Why Steal them?
Theft is theft. Be it from another person, or from an area. Or from nature.
Yes I and my daughters are new to this hobby. But we have a great deal of respect for it, that is growing as our education of it grows.
We have even More respect for the creatures themselves. And that Too is growing as our knowlege base grows and we get to know them better.

The problem with your question Tarantula is simple and should have been evedent to your Before you even spoke it.
'""How hard would it be for my friend who is going to Peru for a week to sneak some tarantulas back to Canada for me?"""

Even my five year olds know that is you have to sneak, smuggle, or hide it to have it. It must be a bad thing. They also show a great deal of concern and love for the comfort of their pets. What do you think your friend is gonna do? stuff them in a napsack in a gew mayionase jars?
Rob them of their home? How would you like someone to yank you out of your house and take you someplace you don't belong?
Leave the gathering of T's for the people that know How to gather them legaly.
There's enough scum runnning around thorwing off the delicate balance of things without your friend stomping along and adding more trouble.
In the end. A few pole get smuggles illegal T's. But Everyone else in the hobby has to pay becuase of the aded restrictions caused by thieves and smugglers. The added expense of OUR Legaly gained T's and the additional Bad representaion of T collectores everywhere.
The hobby is Just starting to pull itself up out of the quagmire of Buulcrap thats surounded it.
Why sink it back down?

My advice. Just like I tell my kids. Think before you speak. Use your mind and if you Know it's wrong. Then you already have the answer.

Just my two cents on the topic.....

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Paladin
a more sugar coated version would be:

dont risk it...not worth it.

impossible
Exactly, were I to guess. As we speak, I can think of when I tried to sneak my 2 corn snakes and my beardie back stateside. They were seized.
Peace,
Gillian