fried G pulchra

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
My adult female G pulchra decided that she didn't like her housing, chewed through the screen lid, and went AWOL for a few hours. I found her in my closet, where she seemed to be quite content. I can usually handle her with no problem at all, but she actually tried to bite me! Then she went up the inside of the closet door, where I couldn't really reach her from either end of the closet. I couldn't believe the trouble she was giving me LOL
I finally used a plastic spatula to motivate her, and she climbed onto it and wouldn't come off. :)
Anyone for fried pulchra?!
=D =D

Last edited:

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I'll take it and I see it's still pink in the center too... just the way I like them LOL =D =D =D

Sorry she showed you the attitude after you found her, guess she was just needing some space. Very nice pictures you've added to the site today too

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah......my dog found an escapee B. albopilosum this morning bright and early. The spider was so scared, she was actually glad that I picked her up. Luckily my dog didn't injur her while she was pawing at her. It was in a large pretzel jar, turned on its side. The lid was on yesterday, but somehow the spider got it off. It was so glad to be back in its enclosure.

-Jill

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
isn't that wild how they chew through the screen lid. I am glad you found her. Great pics as usual, Pam

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
your wish is my command! Although you can't really see it as well in the picture.

Last edited:

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so it is the non metallic screening? I used to use this stuff on scorpion enclosures (shoebox type opaque plastic containers with the center of the top cut out and screening hot glued in) but the crickets were chewing holes in the screening so I moved all my scorps into kritter keepers.
Ed

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Did she leave a papier mache' dummy in her bed to fool you at bed check? (Escape from Alcatraz {1979} starring Clint Eastwood reference)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
@Ed, yes, the thin screening, not the wire mesh. I won't be doing that again!
I now have it on the superworm container, it's too tall for them to get out of.

@caligula, nope, perhaps she felt she better get while the getting was good, she's not exactly the McLaren of tarantulas! It probably took her half the night to reach my closet ;)

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
I'm glad my fiancee' doesn't read this forum. She about killed me when I brought my blondi sling home. She DOES NOT NEED TO SEE THIS THREAD.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
my other half is not especially thrilled when an escape occurs either! I prefer to keep it quiet, unless I can't find them within the first day or so ;)
He's not thrilled about the cricket on the living room ceiling that escaped either :D

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Oh, yeah. I get that one, too about crix. About the blondi she said, "It'll eat my dooooog."

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i'm just glad you didn't cook it to death with a heat lamp as i feared when originally reading the post. :/

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm glad you caught her and she is safe and sound.

Before you fry her, let me know, I'll take her off your hands:)

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I wonder what Ts see in closets. When my A. geniculata did his walk about last month that was where I found him: in a box in my closet. They go to all that trouble to move from one small, messy cubicle to another :)

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by skadiwolf
i'm just glad you didn't cook it to death with a heat lamp as i feared when originally reading the post. :/
:) I was scare to open this post too

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
LOL Skad, I thought the same thing when I first opened this thread. Whew...

As for the G. spatula, I like them served medium rare with an apple in its mouth. :)

Bry

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Too funny, Holley! I can't believe she chewed through that screen. It must have taken a lot of effort. No wonder she was annoyed at being recaptured!

The papier-maché dummy is a good idea. If some of my pulchras--and B. smithis--did this, it would be weeks before I realized something was amiss ;)

Joy