Freshly Molted Giant White Knee

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Hi, my Trinity just molted yesterday so I thought I'd share. She is about 6" now.

Gail

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very nice, I love white-knees. Large, beautiful, not wimps, but not evil bitey things, either (well usually at any rate ;)), and LOVE to eat.

Heesheesmom

Arachnopeon
Molted Giant White knee

She's gorgeous!! Isn't a Giant white knee an A. geniculata?
I'm new to this so I don't have the names down pat in my head yet. Those genics are beautiful. : ) Cheryl:)

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Acanthoscurria geniculata - yes, you're right :)

Gail

Blackwidow69

Arachnopeon
Well my fav..

;P :} Well very nice pic and those are my fav. Ts as i have several of them and wait till ya have one like mine a good 8"+ and man, yes they do eat like pigs and some can really fling the hairs... They just love when its feeding time as they will come to the lid and wait for the food to drop in so they can catch it in mid air... ;P =D =D

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wicked good pic Gail...

Awesome genic pic Gail and a nice looking specimen as well.
Phil

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
my a. geniculata moulted recently, too. the only problem is that one of her fangs isn't there anymore. i noticed there was a problem when i dropped a pinky in around 4 days post-moult, and all she did was run over to it and fake me out by looking like she was going to eat it. but she didn't. i figured she still hadn't gotten out of the after-moult blues so i waited another four days before i offered another pinky to which she did the same thing. after tactical maneuvering, i was able to see her underside where i noticed she was missing a fang. so i threw in a couple of large-sized crickets because i figured they would be mushy enough to eat with her one fang.

Last edited:

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I can only hope that my little tiny 1/3" version grows into a copy of the same beautiful lady you've got there!