Fresh substrate mold? (White/gray)

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Pretty sure that’s a condensation layer between the sub and the enclosure. I’ve had that happen multiple times. You can see it forming in the second pic. If it’s not gone by tomorrow, then it’s probably mold.

rhymeval

Arachnopeon
Pretty sure that’s a condensation layer between the sub and the enclosure. I’ve had that happen multiple times. You can see it forming in the second pic. If it’s not gone by tomorrow, then it’s probably mold.
Hey, thanks for the answer. I'll check tomorrow but I cant believe it if its mold, I opened the fresh package of substrate today, and I did not moist it.. Lets see what happens over night

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
I'd also bet that it's just condensation from the new substrate, it might come and go over the next while depending on temperature and room humidity :)

goonius

Arachnoknight
Agree, just moisture causing condensation in the substrate. As it evaporates (and it should quickly with that top) you’ll stop seeing the condensation in the lower layers. It may take a few days depending on how tightly you’ve packed it (I always recommend packing sub really tightly).

I’d also recommend a few more anchor points for a GBB if you hadn’t already planned on this, maybe some fake plants. They really seem to like a junky enclosure in my experience.

rhymeval

Arachnopeon
Agree, just moisture causing condensation in the substrate. As it evaporates (and it should quickly with that top) you’ll stop seeing the condensation in the lower layers. It may take a few days depending on how tightly you’ve packed it (I always recommend packing sub really tightly).

I’d also recommend a few more anchor points for a GBB if you hadn’t already planned on this, maybe some fake plants. They really seem to like a junky enclosure in my experience.
Already added more, bought some this morning 👌🏽