Frequency of adult female molting?

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
So I have an adult female Cyriopagopus sp. "Big black" that appears to be in need of a molt. How often does a female molt....on average. If all things being equal. Yes, feel free to generalize and make assumptions. I can handle it.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
So I have an adult female Cyriopagopus sp. "Big black" that appears to be in need of a molt. How often does a female molt....on average. If all things being equal. Yes, feel free to generalize and make assumptions. I can handle it.
Had to check the log sheet on this one. Her last molt was 15 months ago and shows no signs of premolt.

I've both minax and "big black" females, bought as slings and labeled as such. I see no physical differences between the two, think they're one in the same personally. Have no immediate plans to breed either, but if I'm inclined, will use MM of the same labeling.

Timc

Arachnosquire
Molting in adult females can be pretty infrequent. If you really want her to molt start pumping her full of food and turn up the heat. It'll happen eventually.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Molting in adult females can be pretty infrequent. If you really want her to molt start pumping her full of food and turn up the heat. It'll happen eventually.
True! Though, why would anyone powerfeed an adult tarantula to make it moult more often and consequently reduce its lifespan in number of years? o_O

Timc

Arachnosquire
True! Though, why would anyone powerfeed an adult tarantula to make it moult more often and consequently reduce its lifespan in number of years? o_O
Hey the OP just asked how to do it, not the consequences. I don't even understand why an adult female would "need a molt"

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Hey the OP just asked how to do it, not the consequences. I don't even understand why an adult female would "need a molt"
She is wild caught and pretty rough looking. But as far as behavior I'm sure she is just fine without one. She would just look a bit more attractive. So purely cosmetic.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Not necessarily true for terrestrials,but a molt certainly is needed by arboreals. The scopulae on their feet start wearing off after a time, reducing their ability to climb smooth surfaces. A molt remedies that.